Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 21, 2019

Another wet walk

Another walk in the rain.
55 degrees with lots a wind too.
This time it was raining when I left and rained the whole time.
Too warm to wear my rain coat and rain pants so just took my umbrella.
I tell you it was a job holding on to the umbrella with the
wind trying to blow it out of my hands or inside out.
 My head stayed dry but that was about it.
Still I'd rather be out there walking than sitting in the house
wondering if I should have gone or not. 🙂

Walked to town and up to the cemetery on the hill
and around there.
Then it was up and down some of the streets in town
before I headed back home again.

Only animal I saw today was a ground hog
running in his house on the side of the road.

Only took this one picture and it was at the end of my walk.
That's my driveway up there on the left.
🌧     ☔️     🌧  
It was pretty windy the whole day but later in the day
the rain left and the sun came out and it was in the high 60's.
A good outside work day.
We went and got a load of gravel in the dump trailer
and buried the drain pipe.
More drainage work to do around back.
Hopefully tomorrow will be another good work day.
 
Here is a close up picture of our 'bear'. 😃
 
That's it for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone 🥰
Comment Replies:
GrannyM - No plans to plant more hosta, will just let that one multiply. 🙂

12 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

We too had a walk in the rain recently, but it wasn't as windy day as yours.
We're hoping for some sunshine this weekend.

That was quite a large load of gravel, pleased you were able to get the drain pipe buried ok.

Enjoy your weekend.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

I always liked to pick apples in the rain when I worked...but not at that temp. LOL I love that shot you took while on your walk...great perspective to shoot from.

Tom said...

...I don't enjoy walking in the rain, but the image is a winner! The stone quarry must love seeing Ken coming in.

Adam said...

That's a lot of gravel

Granny Marigold said...

A couple of months ago I ordered one of those umbrellas that won't turn inside out even in strong winds. Got it from Amazon but so far we haven't had rain so I haven't been able to 'try it out'!!

Ruth Hiebert said...

You live in a beautiful area. That "bear" almost looks real from a distance.

ellen b. said...

Nice views up to your driveway. That wind makes umbrellas hard to handle. We could use some more crush for our driveway.

Hill Top Post said...

I wouldn't mind having a bear like yours. But, he would probably still give me a good scare now and then. When I walk holding an opened umbrella, the cattle act as though a demon has come over the hill.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the view of the barn and flowers along the road. Yesterday morning it was really windy here. Enjoy your day and weekend!

William Kendall said...

You've certainly been busy!

Connie said...

Walking in the rain sounds like fun, fighting with the umbrella doesn't, LOL.

Inger said...

I love the picture of the barn in the mist. As always, your walk and the rest of your day are inspiring.