Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 13, 2019

Enjoying breakfast ๐Ÿ˜‹

 We've sure been getting a lot of rain lately.
It was 44 degrees this morning and though it rained earlier
it had stopped and was just cloudy when I left on my walk.
Wore my rain gear and carried my umbrella though because it
sure looked like rain again. 
Right after I took this picture a ground hog ran across the street and 
ran up the bank and into his house.

 Walked to town.
Then around the lower cemetery
and then up to the cemetery at the top of the hill and walked around
that a couple of times.
Down the hill to the barn near the Drane house
where these guys were having breakfast.
It made me smile to see him with hay all over his face.
Didn't see any one else out.
I don't see that many school buses any more because now that
I can leave earlier because it is light,
it is a bit too early for the buses.

The rain held off for me again this morning and didn't start
till I was just half mile from home.

Walked 6 miles
๐Ÿฆ†     ๐Ÿฆ†     ๐Ÿฆ†
We've had rain on and off all day so another day inside.
Moved some pictures around and hung up some blue and white plates
 in the kitchen and did a bit of cleaning.

I'm reading Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult.
It's next months book club selection is this is a good one!!
I'll be finished with it in to time.
Here's what the back of the book says.


Went to Brenda's for our pizza night out.
Nice that it is half price on Mondays.

Now for an evening of
reading
weave-its
and
Little House on the Prairie.
Oh yes and ice cream.

Hope you made your day a happy one.
happyone ๐Ÿฅฐ
Comment replies:
John - Yes, I'm a mother and a grandmother.  2 kids and 4 grandkids.  In fact my oldest grandson just turned 28 last Thursday.

16 comments:

Joyful said...

I hope you get some sunshine soon. As for my part of the world I'm hoping for some rain this week to help with the garden. The book you are reading sounds very interesting.

Rose said...

Oh, you do not seem old enough to have a grandson 28 yrs old!!!! But how blessed you are to have 4 grandchildren.

Love your pics....the boys look healthy! I would not want one mad at me. I like the hay in his face, too.

Adam said...

Brenda's pizza must be amazing, too bad it's too far away from me.

Lowcarb team member said...

The cows certainly are tucking in …
Lovely photographs on your post.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...they say the we have had the wettest spring in 40 years. I think that my toes are growing together!

Vee said...

Oh golly they do grow up...the last time I knew about your eldest grandson, he was a teenager.

The rain is coming here for tomorrow. Texas has been getting a lot of rain, too. Strange spring for sure.

A groundhog has died under my deck...oh my heavens. I am running around here with Vicks under my nose.

William Kendall said...

Groundhogs are out and about here as well.

Sandi said...

What time is the book set in?

Ruth Hiebert said...

Lovely pictures. Rain can be refreshing, as long as you don't get too much.

Dianna said...

It was nice to see the sun out now and then this afternoon/evening. Glad you had a good day!

Granny Marigold said...

I haven't read any Jodi Picoult books but that one looks to be interesting.
More rain for you... we have some in the forecast for later this week.
If so I'll spend those days doing a bit extra housework that I've been neglecting while the sun shone.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The rainy and cloudy weather is tiresome. I need some sunny days. I love the cows with the hay on them, so cute. The book sounds like a great read. Enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It's still cold and often rainy over here too.

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- nice photo of the little Brook and the cattle devouring a heap of hay. Good that you're getting the rain which will see you in good stead fro the Summer months. Regards. KEV.

Pom Pom said...

I like Little House on the Prairie, too!

ellen b. said...

Sounds like an interesting read. Nice photos. Glad you were able to walk and missed some rain.