Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 24, 2019

Cutting Machine

Only had time for a short 3 mile walk yesterday
as we had to leave for Fingerprints.
We had a good work day yesterday.
We assembled, stapled, cut, and boxed up 6,057 Romans Books.
Worked from 9 in the morning till 6 in the evening.
We ran out of material so had to quit working a little early.
A trip to Staunton, VA to pick up another pallet before
we work again next month will be coming up soon for Ken and I.
I usually work on one of the staple machines, 
but help out where needed too.
I do everything but cut.
But that changed yesterday when Ken showed me 
how to use the cutting machine.  
The machine was a bit intimidating at first but once 
I got going it was very easy and it is now my favorite thing to do.
Here I am working on the cutter.
📖     📖     📖
This morning when I walked the temperature was 55 degrees F
with a slight breeze and sunny.
Headed to town.
Had a library book to return but it was An Echo in the Bone and 
it has over 800 pages and heavy so decided not to take it!!
 Just down the road from home I spotted this little bunny
sitting on the edge of the road.
This was as close as I could get before he ran away.
Once to town I walked down the road to the lower cemetery.
If you look closely you will see another bunny there on the left
side of the road enjoying a spot of sunshine.
Walked around the cemetery and then made a stop at the old house.
(We are optimistic about the viewing the other day.  
The man who came really liked it 
and is bringing his wife to see the house next week.)

From the house walked back through town, down the hill,
and turned in here to back home.
It is always nice once I turn off the highway back to
the peaceful country road.
👟     👟
When Ken got back from breakfast with Edd
we went down to LaVale to do a little shopping.
 We were delayed on the way home in traffic on 68.
(We should have gone the back way!)
There were 3 accidents.
As we passed by one of them I said a prayer for all involved.
5 vehicles were involved, an 18 wheeler, a pickup truck,
2 cars and a motorcycle.  
A scary thought thinking about the guy on the motorcycle.
We often pass by this old barn and I always want to stop
and take a picture.
Today as we were stopped in traffic I took the picture.
When we got home I put the groceries away
(thankfully we didn't buy any frozen or cold items) 
and Ken went out back to work in the yard till suppertime.
I went outside for a while but didn't do any work.

That's it for today.
Find the joy in your day and be thankful for it. 😀
happyone 🥰
Comment Replies:
Thank you Tom for identifying the Dame's Rocket for me and all the others.  When I posted the picture I said to Ken, I bet Tom will know what it is.  AND YOU DID. 👍

17 comments:

Tom said...

...using that cutter, it looks like you could lose more than your fingerprints!

Rose said...

Seems like you are seeing a lot of bunnies! I think there are more of them some years than others, and its been a while since we have had a year with a lot of them.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes on the home sale soon.

God bless.

Joyful said...

You are very consistent and faithful in all you do...walking, blogging, church volunteering. That's great. Something I aspire to is being more consistent. I am faithful at what I do but I need more of a routine for consistency. It is hard when one has illness but I have faith I will overcome. God bless.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh it is so sad to see an accident and to think that somebody's loved ones were involved.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Yes, as you mentioned, we had the same walk weather today. I had to smile when you said you had to do a "short" walk yesterday. The cutting machine looks serious. Sad about the bad accident. Love your last picture with the old barn ... very cool. Best wishes on the house sale! Have a great weekend. John

Granny Marigold said...

That last picture is my favourite. I enlarged it to be able to enjoy it even more.
Hope your house sells!!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- That last photo of the 'Old Farm' is an absolute gem. Pleased you showed us the machine you use for the Books. Regards. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, wonderful photos. Love the cute bunny. I feel sad when I see those bad accidents. Prayers for all! Happy Memorial Day weekend.

Connie said...

When I first moved here 40 plus years ago we use to see jackrabbits all over the place. Haven't seen one in years. The way rabbits are suppose to multiply makes me wonder what happen to them all? Maybe the coyotes. It's a mystery . . . I miss seeing them. I always enjoy your photos:)
Have a sweet day. I love that you're spreading God's word, but watch your fingers and don't day dream while running that machine.

ellen b. said...

Good news about the viewing on your house. I do hope and pray his wife likes it and they make an offer!
Nice photos from your walk. Good for you for mastering that machine!

Inger said...

So glad you got the barn picture. Old barns are the best subjects, I think. Love the bunnies too. That's a lot of hard work, and 3 miles seems long to me. Hope this guy's wife will like your house.

Bettye said...

Wish I could discipline myself to walk like you do. So glad Tom was able to identify the Dames Rocket. I saw them the other day and wished I knew what they were. Now I know!! Thank you Tom!! Yes, that accident was terrible and two were flown out, the road was closed for hours. Praying the lady will love the house and they will buy it.

William Kendall said...

Bunnies tend to be so skittish.

Adam said...

Cute bunny

Vee said...

Seeing accidents is unnerving and the best we can do is pray. Another successful day with the Fingerprint ministry.

Lowcarb team member said...

Saying a prayer for your home sale ... and for anyone involved in a car accident.

All the best Jan