Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 22, 2019

My Wednesday

 On my walk it was
47 degrees F this morning with a mix of sun and clouds
and very windy.

Walked to town.
At the edge of town in a yard sits the largest
Rhododendron bush I've ever seen.
Walked to the post office and dropped mail down the slot.
Then made a stop at the old house,
went to the lower cemetery and walked that loop 
and then back home again.
Another pretty quiet walk and didn't see any one else out.
A couple of deer were around as well as lots of birds.

I don't know what these flower/weeds are called but
these pretty wild flowers are all over the place.
They grow tall on thin stems.
🌸     🌸
Ken worked outside again out back today.
I stayed inside in the morning getting house stuff done.
Was going to go outside around 11:00 but started reading my book
and read till lunch time and finished it.

After lunch I went outside but didn't do much.
Watched Ken and walked around a lot.

When it was a break time for Ken we sat
out on the front porch and ate ice cream cones.
Doesn't that sound nice!

It's Wednesday so we are off to church in just a bit.
Might not have time for blogging tomorrow.
It's Fingerprint Day.
If not tomorrow I'll be back on Friday.

That's it for today.
Find the joy in your day and be thankful for it.
happyone 🥰
Comment Replies:
Lisa - One weave-it square takes about 10 minutes or so.

18 comments:

William Kendall said...

The bush blossoms are quite a pretty sight!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I think I have similar flowers growing wild around here. I have looked up the name but always forget it.They are pretty.

ellen b. said...

The Washington state flower is the Rhododendron. That's a beautiful bush. Things are really greening up and blooming in your neck of the woods. Happy Wednesday to you!

Sandi said...

Gorgeous Rhododendron! (So thankful someone spelled that in the comment above.)

Tom said...

...Karen, I believe that you may have Dames Rocket (Hesperis matronalis.) I haven't seen them here yet this year.

Adam said...

It's a pretty bush

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely flowers.

God bless.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Granny Marigold said...

I see your mystery blooms have been identified as Dame's Rocket ( which I should have known because they're common here). How I wish I knew the names of many more of our common wildflowers. Even with a book with good pictures I have trouble IDing them.

Vee said...

Yes, ice cream cones on the front porch does sound lovely. I will try to remember Dame’s Rocket when and if they bloom here. They are pretty. Happy Fingerprint day!

Rose said...

I definitely learned something new with that plant's name...had never heard that name but think it is them I see all the time. I don't know why I have not tried to look them up before.

Angie said...

Love the rhodie and the Rocket! Great shots. And you mentioned ice cream - we went for a lovely hike today and at the warmest point I had a hankering for ice cream … I am off to find the little bit of pistachio left in the freezer!

doodles n daydreams said...

The love the way you find pleasure and joy in the everyday things. You are a blessing.
Diana

Retired Knitter said...

Ice cream cones and reading! Perfect.

Kerin said...

Such a nice day...thanks for taking us along with you.

Sitting on the front porch sounds perfect!

Smiles :)
~K.

Sue said...

I enjoy visiting cemeteries especially old ones! your temp. sounds perfect for walking we are under a heat wave which is so unusual for our area this time of year! Sitting on the porch with someone special does sound like a great idea, we try and have devotions early each day on our porch, very special indeed.
I haven't blogged in while, so I hope all is well with you, I still admire your faithfulness to walking, mine has become so sporadic.
Thanks for sharing.
Wishing you a most blessed and happy memorial Day weekend.
Sue

Connie said...

Another beautiful walk . . . thank you for using some of your walking time to hold us up in your prayers, it means so much. We are so grateful and we feel the love.

Lowcarb team member said...

That Rhododendron bush is beautiful.

All the best Jan