Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Cows

Temperature this morning at 6:30 when I left on my walk
was 47 degrees, cloudy, and very calm.

Walked to town and around both cemeteries.
Took this picture standing in the cemetery on top of the hill.
This year there are cows in the field.
Usually corn or soy beans are planted in it.
Mom and little one look up to have their picture taken.
Then Mom turns and starts licking her baby.
Cropped the photo a bit.
Walked on over to the ball park and walked around the loop there too.
Ken was coming to the old house to get the last of the junk out of the
garage, so I stopped at the house to say hi.
Then continued walking around town.
Passing through the parking lot at the post office two
mail clerks were there and I stopped to talk.
Since its a small town they know who I am and ask
me how my walk is going.  They see I am carrying my big walking stick
and ask if I've ever had to use it.  Tell them no but have come close.
 Then off to work they go and I continue on my walk.
After 6 miles I walk back to the old house and Ken drives
me back home.

While I'm walking Ken goes to the bakery and buys donuts 
which we eat for breakfast.
 🍩     🍩     🍩
A cool day with a couple of rain showers so we don't get
any work done outside.
Went out and did a few errands.

Back home I decided to change our bedroom around
and spent a couple of hours doing that.
It is a fun thing for me to do and I do like a change of
every once in a while.

Also read and made some weave-its.

It's been a good and happy day.
Hope you made your day a happy one.
happyone  🥰
Comment Replies:
Tom - The yellow flowers/weeds in yesterdays photo were actually butter cups.  The dandelions have all come and gone now. 

11 comments:

Rose said...

Sweet scenes with the cows...just something so peaceful with them.

Tom said...

...it's nice to see the little one!

Vee said...

I’m getting doughnuts tomorrow! And a visit from three of my favorite men.

I liked seeing the cow and her calf.

Happy Mother’s Day, Happyone!

NanaDiana said...

It sounds like a good and happy day---a perfect day, in fact! I love to see cows in the field..and they do need to rotate crops and give the land a rest from growing some years. xo Diana

ellen b. said...

I prefer buttercups to dandelions. Glad you had a happy day!

Granny Marigold said...

You had another day of showers. We had temperatures of 30 ( 86F) . First thing in the cool of the morning we went to help our youngest son put in his garden. Came home and worked outside until it got too hot. The rest of the day I mostly rested. Tomorrow begins a week of much cooler temps and very welcome they will be.

Nawm D Gerr said...

You are my hero, donuts AND walking. Cute photos of the cows. I like your header photo of the clouds too. Happy Mother's Day.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Very nice photos of the Dairy Cows and Farm- just adore country scenes.

Adam said...

Donuts sound better than my normal breakfast, nothing.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your photographs.
It sounds as if your day was a very good one

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

Tranquil country scenes!