Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 18, 2019

A walk and a luncheon

 I looked out of the bedroom window when I first got up and
there was a deer standing right in front of the window.
Watched as he walked past and up in to the woods.

A cloudy morning but it was a nice warm 57 degrees F and calm.
Walked to town this morning.
 Went up the hill to the cemetery and walked around there.
Then down to the barn to see the bulls.
I put my hand out to the one on the left and he sniffed it.
These two took a break from eating to look at me.
I was happy to see the three horses back in the pasture again.
The little one is now as big as his mama and from this distance can't
tell which is which.
Walked over to the other cemetery too an walked around there too.
A mess of people where around the little town pond.
There is a fishing contest going on this morning for the kids
which is an annual thing.  Didn't look like much fishing was getting
done because the kids were running around but they sure looked
like they were having fun!
Walking back home down the highway I stopped to talk
to Lisa who was running up the hill on her way home.
Turned off the highway and went back home.
 Saw two groundhogs, 3 deer, a squirrel and a tiny little mouse who 
was running across the street.
Walked 6 miles
🌸     🌸
Did the usual morning house chores around the house.

A little after 11:00 I left to go to the Mother/Daughter luncheon
being held at the church.
We listened to a speaker talk about being Strong in the Lord,
ate, played a couple of games,
saw a skit a few of the ladies put on,
laughed A LOT and just had a great time.
It is such a blessing to know these women
and to be one among them.

Too late to get anything started when I got back home so,
sat on the front porch read for a while.

Time for supper now
so off I go.

Hope you made your day a happy one.
happyone  🥰
Comment Replies:
Vee - Not often but yes, we have had people come to church after receiving a blanket.
Once in a while one of us will see a baby wrapped in one of the blankets we have made.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...even without sunshine your neck of the woods is beautiful.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful photos. Sounds like the luncheon was a lot of fun.

Vee said...

Laughter is good for the soul. I smiled to think of the kids running around at the fishing hole much as the calves and colts sprint about in a field. It’s spring! How fun to spot one of the blankets you made being used. That must warm the heart.

John's Island said...

That 4th picture ... wow, it just looks like the most peaceful and serene place I can imagine. Perfectly framed up too!

Hill Top Post said...

I so enjoy your daily journal, and, of course, those wonderful photos. The mountain streams in yesterday's post were especially nice. I continue to walk every day, but not so far as you do. I have now walked 678 days without missing. My goal is to make a thousand. Then where... maybe two thousand. :~)

Rose said...

Wonder what the deer would have done had you opened the window??? LOL Actually, I had a blogfriend up in Canada that did talk to her deer...they came up to their house in the winter and just became accustomed to her.

Your day sounds like a good one. I accomplished nothing...other than a bit of cooking. I know it is not good for me mentally not to do a little something...but I could not settle on what I wanted to sew. LOL

Granny Marigold said...

I like that the deer seem so accepting of your presence. Amazing that one was right outside your window.

Adam said...

Cute cows

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you a wonderful weekend.

God bless.

Sandi said...

So much peace here in these lovely photos. You are blessed indeed.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the cows and horses. The shot of the two cows looking at you is cute.
Sounds like you had a nice day! Happy Sunday, enjoy your day. Wishing you a great new week ahead.

Inger said...

Love to read about your walks. And I agree, it's so good to have women friends to laugh with and do things with. I never knew how easy it would be to make new friends, even at my age.

William Kendall said...

You wonder what the bulls were thinking.

ellen b. said...

Sitting on the front porch after your good full day sounds good to me!

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice to see your photographs, don't you just love those cows!

Sitting on the porch and reading sounds lovely, hope you enjoyed your supper!

All the best Jan