Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, March 30, 2019

The cows

The temperature was the same as yesterday morning at 50F.
It was cloudy and I felt raindrops after walking about a mile,
but they only lasted a few minutes and it never did rain.

A couple of rabbits hopped past me and also saw the usual deer.
One ran right across the road in front of me.

Walked to town again.
Turned left just before the church and over to the lower
cemetery and walked around it.
Making my way over to the cemetery at the top of the hill I pass
by the town pond.
Fishing season must have opened today because there were people
around the pond fishing.
Of all the places for fishing around here, it always strikes me
odd that they fish in this little tiny pond.
After walking around the second cemetery I went down the road 
past the Drane house to the barn to see the cows.
When they saw me coming down the road they lined up along
the fence to get a look at me which made me smile.
I stayed there a few minutes talking to them.
 From there I headed over to the post office and mailed off a Netflix.
Then walked around the ball park loop.
A nice sign of spring to see these little snow drops.
I saw Lisa running, a man walking, and Rebeca running.
It has been awhile since I've seen anyone else out in the morning.

 Kept walking around town till I had my 6 miles in and then
met Ken over at the old house.
I rode along with him back home.
🌷     🌸     🌼
Made fried bread for breakfast
and then got the rest of my housework done for this week.

Ken was out back working with his tractor.
He's working on the drainage by digging a trench and using
the rocks he digs up to make the trench look like a brook.
Then building on stone bridge over it.
A mess right now but will take pictures eventually.

I finished reading a book and then went outside and worked
on my natural fence for a little while.

The car still hasn't been washed!
Just couldn't get motivated to do it.

That's it for today.
A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Rose - Sometimes the deer are pretty close and they do startle me.  I'm always glad it is a deer and not a bear. 😊 Some times I hear the deer snort at me too.  There are so many of them I see them far and near.  Most of all I like watching them out of the window just roaming around the property, stopping for a bit to eat now and then.  It is nice to them when they are not running away.  

15 comments:

Sandi said...

Such a peaceful walk! ...except for the snorting deer. Yikes!

Tom said...

...I love the white country church, it sure is close to the road.

Adam said...

Cows must view you like a TV. They're so interested.

Granny Marigold said...

It's interesting that the cows line up to see you walk by.
Lovely Snowdrops!!

Rose said...

I bet someone is good to those cows! Otherwise they would not come up to the fence.

Talk about being startled...Lorelei is always trying to scare me by hiding around the corner, etc. Well, this evening I took something out to the garage and left the inside door standing open. When I came in, she jumped from behind the door and said 'Boo!' and about scared me to death.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Cows are so funny, they will usually come to check out anyone who is near.We have a heard of Bison just a little ways from town and they seem snobbish. Most of the time they won't even look up when I'm there.

Joyful said...

Beautiful scenes.

Hill Top Post said...

I love your picture of the church; such a peaceful and picturesque scene. Yesterday, Millie and I ventured a bit farther than usual and decided to go down into the lower meadow where the redbuds are beginning to bloom. Just before we got to the trees, we saw a cow in the middle of the path. Millie ran ahead to check things out, but turned back quickly when the cow came chasing after her. I didn't push it; turned around and came home without seeing the redbuds.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the view of the pond and cows. That is a pretty white church!
I have had the deer snort at me, I think we were both startled. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead.

Vee said...

That’s a pretty little church on the hill. Nice to see your community coming back to life after a long winter. Now I am curious what one says to a admiring, curious line of cows. ☺️ They must like you for I have never had cows come to the fence when I walk by.

R's Rue said...

Love.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful church.

Happy weekend. God bless.

William Kendall said...

I like the church.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a nice looking Church.

I always like to see snowdrops, a good Spring sign.

All the best Jan

Retired Knitter said...

Probably no one else talks to the cows - you probably made their day!!!