Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 29, 2019

Busy day

We had a busy day yesterday and never got any time for blogging.
Only had time for a 4 mile walk which was to town and back.
The sun hadn't come over the mountain yet by the time I was back home.
Had a quick breakfast and then headed out to church
for a day of work doing Fingerprints.

We worked from 9:00 in the morning till 9:00 at night
with breaks for lunch and supper.
People came and went all day long and at one point we had
30 people working.
Ken and I and some others spent the whole day working.
People of all ages came to work and we had such a fun
time.  Lots of laughing and great fellowship.
AND the best part of all is that we hit a record of Roman's books
assembled for one day.
Can't recall the exact number but it was over 9,400!!

The 4 Sale sign went up at the old house yesterday.
Took a picture of it this morning when I walked past.
Sorry for the blurry picture.
Thanks so much for all those who said they would pray for a quick sale.
It as 50 degrees under cloudy skies when I left on my walk this morning.
I'm now leaving at 6:40.

Walked to town, around town, passed the old house, over to the
ball park and around it and back home again.
Felt a few rain drops when a mile from home but not enough to get me wet.

 Funny incident with a very little dog. 🐶
I was walking along the road when this little dog comes running down the road
and runs up his driveway.
He got half way up and turned around and start barking at me like crazy.
It just made me laugh. 

Rounded the last curve in the road and was thinking I didn't see
any deer this morning when there came 7 of them running across
the field across the street from my house.
🦌
Walked 6 miles

I had planned on washing the car this afternoon but didn't because
of the weather.  You can't believe how dirty our car is.
So dirty it is embarrassing riding around in it!!

We've sure had a busy week and it was nice to spend
today at home just being around the house.

That's it for today.
Hope to be visiting you all later.

A happy day to you.
happpyone  ❤️  

15 comments:

Tom said...

...my SUV is so dirty, rain was in forecast and I hoped that it would get a rinse job. No rain yet.

William Kendall said...

Little dogs can be big barkers!

Rose said...

Wow! That is a lot of Roman's books! But sounds like a fun day...when people are having fun, the work seems so much lighter. When I worked at the orchard, it was just me till picking season, and I can remember coming in to the ring of laughter...the owner was an older couple and we all loved them dearly and teased the life out of him....

I don't know if envy is the right word...I don't want you to not see deer, but I wish I could see some. Were they close enough to startle you?

Adam said...

I hope you have good luck with the old house.

Vee said...

My car has been left out in the rain for two days and it’s still a mess. No sense in washing as the mud and puddles are everywhere.

Wow that was a long day at church! What fun it sounds as if you have doing that project.

Nice to see the For Sale sign on the lawn. Yes, praying...

Sandi said...

It looks like a nice place to walk!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Have a wonderful weekend.

Granny Marigold said...

Yes, I can imagine how dirty your vehicles were because ours were that way too. Now that the danger of frost is more or less over the rain barrels can once again be filled and my DH used the power washer to get all the grime off the truck and also car. In the process the driveway also got clean so we're pleased with that.
( In case you are wondering what rain barrels have to do with washing cars... we pay for our water and try to use rain water in as many ways as possible).

Joyful said...

You did have a busy day! So glad you got to put together a lot of books and that you had a wonderful time of fellowship in the process. The comment you made about the car made me laugh out loud because that is the state my car is in after the long travel to the north. It needs a good cleaning, inside and out. Have a wonderful weekend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You certainly have been busy lately.

Happy weekend. God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hello Karen. Your 'Old House' looks terrific and a very large Home it looks to be a splendid abode. I'm sure you won't have a problem selling it- certainly since you and Ken have freshly painted it. All the best. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks like a nice walk. Lovely views along the way. Your old house looks great! The little dogs are the big barkers. Have a happy day and weekend!

Retired Knitter said...

Fingers crossed that the house sells this spring.

Henny Penny said...

Your old house looks pretty. Bet it sell soon. Little dogs are funny. Sounds like he wanted to be in a safe place before he started barking. We had planned to wash my car today but as usual dreaded it and decided to put it off a few more days.

CountryMum said...

I really hope you have a quick sale.