Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, March 11, 2019

Out in the yard

With the time change I'm back to waiting around until it gets
light enough for me to go walking.
7:00 it was still kind of dark but I left anyway.

A whole bunch of deer were about again this morning.

It was 31 degrees F and windy, but the sun did come out to stay
once it rose.
Walked to town and went down by the little pond.
Then went through town and to the ball park and walked around the loop.
Passing the pond again before leaving town and walking back home.
There were ducks on the water and the geese got up and headed 
in the water as I walked by.
Walked 6 miles
It was the first time I walked wearing my new Keen walking shoes
and they felt great.  

After breakfast we drove to church and loaded up the trailer with
the Romans books we've worked on this year so far (just under 20,000)
to bring down to Staunton, Va,  We will drop these off and pick up another
pallet to assemble.  Will go some time this week.
It was nice to have Pastor Matt who is the youth pastor help us load.
The work got done in no time at all.

While we were in the area we decided to go to Wamart to pick up
a few things.  It seemed so dinky after the huge one we were in the other day.
We usually see someone we know there every time we go and today
we saw three people we knew, all from church.

When we got back home I did a few things around the house
and Ken went outside and got some work done with his tractor.

I went out later and picked up dead fall and added it to the natural
fence I've been working on.
Didn't get to extend my fence any farther because there was so 
much dead fall around where I had already picked it up.
Lots fell over the winter.
It was nice being outside.  It was a bit windy and in the 40's but
with the sun out it was so nice.

So now this evening I'll be doing some reading,
making weave-it squares, and watching another episode of
Little House on the Prairie.

A happy day to you.
happyone ❤️

21 comments:

Rose said...

And a good time your day was! I love those early morning shots. WE had a nice day here, too. Sun shone but chilly with the breeze.

Rose said...

p.s....I meant to comment on going to the small Walmarts....we don't always see someone we know, but are there so much there are several of the cashiers we talk to like old friends...LOL

Tom said...

...the sun coming up on the pond is a beauty. Here today it was so windy that you could blow out of your sneakers.

NanaDiana said...

I am so proud of you for continuing your daily walks. That is just such a good thing to do daily.
Glad you are able to get your books offloaded and have some help doing it.
Hope you have a really great week. Hugs-Diana

William Kendall said...

Your last shot is my favourite today.

Happy@Home said...

I'm sure it felt great to be outside. Glad to hear your new walking shoes lived up to your expectations.

Granny Marigold said...

It's so important to wear comfortable walking shoes. I'm glad you like your new ones.

Vee said...

I am just amazed how quickly your snow is gone. It makes walking ever so much better. I know that you’re glad to be out and about again. It sounds like another cozy evening at your place.

Adam said...

I've never watched that show.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It's good to see grass and the ducks and geese.To me these are signs of spring.

Hill Top Post said...

Isn't it amazing how one's energy level is affected by sunlight? We had been expecting another cloudy day here, but wonder of wonders we actually had a nice mix of clouds and sun. We'll take it! And, I finally got to walk bareheaded. Laura Ingalls would be so proud! :~) I love your first picture; can't beat those early morning shots!

Kerin said...

So happy for you that you were able to walk outside
and enjoy the fresh air and sunshine!


~K.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

How did you get all those geese to line up for you to take a photo? You're very clever.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love both of the pond photos, lovely start to your day. I like the bigger Super Walmarts. I am looking forward to some warmer days. Wishing you a happy day and week ahead!

Dianna said...

Your pictures from your walk are so good, Karen. My favorite one is the one looking out over the pond just as the sun was coming up. Just beautiful.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those geese are quite a sight...how neat! I hope it warms even more this week and you get to enjoy your walks. I'm looking forward to mine today! Sweet hugs, Diane

Retired Knitter said...

These days are getting longer and warmer. Before long you will be able to walk EVERY day outside.

Michelle said...

I admire you walking when it is cold and windy. The time change has me leaving for school in the dark again. I always appreciate the light while driving.

Inger said...

I love that row of geese.

Angie said...

So glad you have been able to get out and about. I was a bit shocked to see grass in some of your pictures. I have almost forgotten how grass looks! We still have at least 3 feet of snow in our yard, and it is snowing as I write this! It is a wonderful service that you are performing with the books!!! Enjoy the rest of your week.

ellen b. said...

How nice that you could get your 6 miles in outdoors. We've been out working in the garage and covered area today. It was so good to be in the sunshine. It will be a while until all our snow melts off here. Beautiful sunrise shots! Hope you have a wonderful evening.