Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 26, 2019

DONE PAINTING!!!

24 degrees F this morning when I left on my walk.
There was no wind and everything felt so nice and fresh after all
the rain we had yesterday.
The sun came out and later it warmed up to 40.
It is now light enough at 6:50 for me to leave the house.
Before you know it I'll be back to leaving at 6:30.

Walked to town again and didn't see the German Shepherd.
Headed to the lower cemetery first to walk around there.
Thought maybe I'd see Molly there again and sure enough she was there.
Now that she knows me she ran over to say hi and ended up walking
around the cemetery with me.
Her owner came out and called her but she ignored him.
When he caught up to us I told him how he could train
Molly to come when he called her.
Wonder if he'll take my advice.
Tried to take Molly's picture but she wouldn't stay still long
enough and every picture was a big blur!

 I left them and walked around town and then back home again.
When I get to the end of my driveway,
before walking up it,
I always turn around and take a look at the view.
Don't ever want to take this beautiful place for granted.
Walked 6 miles
🌤     🌤     🌤
Another day at the old house.
We worked from 9:30 to 2:30 and I am so very happy to say
ALL PAINTING IS DONE!!!

Also made the bathrooms sparkle and cleaned all our mess up from painting.
 A little more cleaning to do tomorrow and hopefully will be
able to start getting the yard in shape after the winter.
Meeting Vicki, a realtor tomorrow afternoon at 2:00
to see about getting the house back on the market.

I'm not usually a nap taker but when we got home and sat down
in our chairs we both fell asleep and slept for 45 minutes.

I made that Crack Chicken Spaghetti for supper this evening.
Ken liked it as much as I did.
Haven't put the recipe on my other blog yet but will in the next day or so.

 That's been my day.
Looking forward to a relaxing evening.

Hope your day was a happy one.
happyone ❤️
Comment Replies:
Vee - I have a walking stick too but don't carry it regularly.  I don't like to carry things when I walk.  It is a good idea to take it along though.

Art and Lisa - I do carry pepper spray with me and had it out and ready to use yesterday!!

Henny - I am surprised to hear you say you are afraid of dogs.  You have such a way with all animals.  A dog would probably just look at you and become friendly. 😃

19 comments:

Vee said...

Happy dance for getting the painting done. You folks are highly motivated to get the house back on the market. Praying that she goes this time.

Okay, I'll bite...bad pun in light of the conversation about dogs...what is the advice you gave about having a dog come to you when called?

Rose said...

WTG on getting the painting done! Both those views are wonderful...it will be fun seeing them through the seasons. I am really wondering what autumn will be like. And look forward to the views at your actual house.

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Enjoyed reading about your day. As I've said before, your walk routine is my inspiration. I've been getting some good photos around Green Lake but they are no better than the beautiful photos you take on your walks. Your photos today are, as always, great. You are right about appreciating the beautiful country where you live. Yes, you will soon be starting again at 6:30. Sometimes I am a little bit reluctant to get started so early, but once I am walking all is fine. Thanks again for all you comments on my blog. Take care! John

Tom said...

...Hallelujah!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yeah!!!! On to the next step with that house. The first picture is beautiful and that spot would be great to see through the seasons.

ellen b. said...

Woohoo! So happy to hear you are finished with the painting. Congratulations. Great views!

William Kendall said...

Those views are amazing.

Adam said...

Painting is often mess inducing, I made a few mistakes during my rounds.

Granny Marigold said...

Great news that you've finished painting!
Like you I try never to take for granted the pleasant place I have to walk.

Hill Top Post said...

That nap was a well deserved one for sure! How hard the two of you have worked to paint such a large house so quickly. I so agree with you about not taking the great outdoors for granted. You do have some beautiful views which you photograph so well.

Joyful said...

It's so nice to have more light. For me it gives me more energy to get some things done and also helps me see all the dust and dirt that has built up indoors over the winter. I'm glad you got your painting done and I hope you will be able to sell the old place now that it has a fresh coat of paint.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Really wonderful views where you live. That and finding pennies when you walk. How lucky you are.

God bless.

o2bhiking said...

Huzzah! Done painting! Are you going to put the house up for sale? You surely do live in a beautiful area.

eileeninmd said...

Painting done, Yay! Love your pretty views while walking. Lovely photos.
I think you have found a walking buddy. Have a happy day!

Lisa said...

I know it feels good to be finished. Yard work will be fun and its perfect timing. Im not a nap taker either. ‘
Lisa

Dianna said...

YAY for the painting being done and you are now able to look forward to getting the house back on the market! Carroll and I are praying that it sells soon for you.

And, yes, you never want to take that beautiful view for granted.

Kerin said...

Happy for you to have the painting finished.
Best of luck with the sale of your old house, and best of luck with the realtor :)

Smiles :)
~K.

Debby Ray said...

That view down your road is definitely one to behold! Glad to hear the painting is all done!

Michelle said...

I know you are relieved to have the painting finished!