Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Morning Moon

Looking at the morning moon right outside my front door.
Though the sun came out this morning there were icy patches
and it was very cold so another walk in the basement.
Though I do like winter, right about now I'm ready for spring.

From the comments yesterday it seems that hooks for coats
by the door is very popular.
I think forgetting the closet was a good thing! 😊

Got some housework done this morning.
After lunch we went down to town and got a few errands done.

Haven't seen the deer in the back woods for a while but today
5 of them were back there.
Amazing how well they blend in.
When first looking out there, you can't see them till they move.
I watched them for about 15 minutes.

The yellow baby blanket is coming along well.
I think it will be finished by the end of tomorrow.

For supper tonight I made us a couple of BIG salads.
Green Leaf Lettuce
Carrot
Bell Pepper
Celery
Cheddar Cheese
Toasted Bread for Croutons
Pecans
Craisins
That's been my day.
Hope your day was a good one.
A happy day to you.
happyone  ❤️

20 comments:

Carol W. said...

Your salads look very good and healthy! I usually put sliced almonds in salads, but pecans sound really good too. Have a blessed day!

Tom said...

...I couldn't see the moon this morning, it was raining.

Rose said...

I havent looked for the moon for a while...need to think and look for it. When Lorelei was little she liked to go tell the moon Good night sometimes.

The salads do look delicious...this time of year that sounds good.

Adam said...

I've had enough of winter.

Sandi said...

That's no moon.





;-) If you are not a Star Wars fan, you will not get that. Ha ha! It's what Han Solo says when the Death Star appears over the crest of a planet. Aahh....why am I explaining? Everyone has seen Star Wars a bajillion times, right??

William Kendall said...

I love that view!

NanaDiana said...

What a nice day!!! I love a good salad and yours looks delicious. There is a sense of satisfaction in eating something that is really good for you, isn't there?

I love to watch deer-I think they are such graceful and beautiful animals and not a mean bone in their bodies.

Have a wonderful night- xo Diana

Hill Top Post said...

We will definitely not be seeing the full moon tonight. It has been a windy and cold rainy day, with some snow and sleet from time to time. Just like the cattle in the fields, we get hungry for fresh leafy salads this time of the year. Your salads look delicious, and healthy too. I love your moon picture!

Sue said...

Your day sounds wonderful, we have deer that visit our back yard every evening. I enjoy seeing them, except in the summer time as the enjoy our fruit in the orchard.and my garden veggies.
have a blessed evening.
Sue

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Is that the sun, the moon or a bit of dust on the camera lens?

Keep smiling, Happyone.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love your pretty moon photo. The salad looks and sounds delicious.
We see deer prints in our yard so we now they come around, maybe at night.
Wishing you a happy day and week ahead.

Dianna said...

Sounds like you had a productive day in spite of the weather! Your salads look so good.

Aritha V. said...

Amazing moon photo!

Lisa said...

Those salads look delicious.
yes we have been admiring the moon lately. So pretty.
Lisa

Kerri Farley said...

Those Salads look yummy - and your Moon shot is gorgeous!

Debby Ray said...

Gorgeous moon shot...what a beautiful view! Your salads look really good and healthy!

o2bhiking said...

I love seeing the moon in the morning. I'm tired of winter as well, and our winters here in RVA are nothing compared to yours. Mainly, I am tired of rain, which is is doing right now once again. The salads look delicious and healthful.

Henny Penny said...

Those salads look good! Seems like any way you look out where you live, there is a beautiful view.

CountryMum said...

It does look quite cold... and very different from my moon watching.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a nice view …
What lovely looking salads …

All the best Jan