Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 21, 2019

Sun and blue sky

 2 below zero this morning and windy so again
walked loops in the basement.
Early afternoon we did see the sun and blue sky.
Didn't warm it up much though.
We had a high of 5 degrees.
 
Late morning we ventured outside to get our driveway passable.
By then it was 2 degrees.
My super warm coat kept my upper body warm but my legs were cold.
 
We never made it out of the house all day yesterday
and missed church services in the morning and evening.
 
After lunch we went out to see how the roads were.
Pretty good but even the main roads still had some snow on them.
 
I finished the cross stitch quote I've been working on for my friend.
She sure will be surprised when I give it to her.
She is in Florida now so will have to wait a while before I can give it to her.
Now just have to make a frame for it and Ken will help with that.
Looking at the picture I noticed I missed a stitch around the border.
I'm going to fix that right now.
 
Supper tonight was pizza at Brenda's.
 
That's all for today.
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone ❤️

19 comments:

Tom said...

...LOTS of snow here, but we are waiting to see the sun! Perhaps the coldest day of the winter so far.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that verse on the cross-stitch. Stay warm and cozy in your lovely home.

Rose said...

We had more sun today! It was only 6ยบ here this morn, not sure what the temp rose to, but warmer than you. Still it was colder than I wanted. I like how your project turned out...I had to look and look and look to see the missing stitch. I wonder if anyone would have noticed...I for sure wouldn't.

Dianna said...

WOW, Girlfriend, you had a lot more snow than we did! We had a bit of snow...maybe a couple of inches but we had a good bit of ice also. Our church services were canceled yesterday.

Your cross-stitch is very nice, Karen. We would never have noticed a missed stitch in the border if you hadn't mentioned it. :)

Deb J. in Utah said...

It was cold and snowy here today as well. I love your counted cross stitch. Your friend will be so pleased! Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Vee said...

That is a nice piece and thought-provoking. Oh this cold spreads far and wide. I’m tired of being holed up and I am sure that you are eager to get back outside walking.

Happy@Home said...

Brrr, that is COLD. I guess our temps in the teens last night weren't so bad after all. The cross stitch you made for your friend turned out really nice. She has a wonderful surprise to look forward to when she returns from Florida.

Hill Top Post said...

How beautiful those blue blue skies look. And, your last picture is absolutely gorgeous! Here's a great big wow for all that snow! Your stitching is just perfect. I love the quote and I know your friend will too.

Granny Marigold said...

Your friend is sure to love the cross stitched quote.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful verse. Makes you think, doesn't it?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty winter photos. We do not have the snow here but the temps are very cold. Your cross stitch quote is lovely. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Adam said...

We've had a rough cold patch the last 2 days. But a summer vacation compared to what you guys have.

M.K. said...

Brr! Those are some cold temps! Pretty stitch-work. Reading your post makes me remember I should call my mother who lives in West Virginia. I bet her weather is similar, and I hope she has stayed inside! Stay warm up there.

Retired Knitter said...

Well for a change it is almost as cold here - it was 12 above 0 at one point yesterday but I hear it was lower than that earlier in the morning. Stay warm.

Inger said...

Life is good, indeed. The storm passed through here and left a gorgeous, cold and sunny day. Not as cold as where you are, just a fun cold. That is a lovely and thoughtful gift for your friend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your cross stitch came out great! And I love your snowy scenes. That old wind sure makes it feel even colder! It was not cold here today but my hat blew off when I got on the top of a hill! I had to chase it down! lol Hugs!

William Kendall said...

That last shot is something to see!

Angie said...

Wonderful cross-stitch project - simple and profound all at the same time. Sorry you have had such chilly temps and can't get out for your walks. But it sounds like the bowling and eating out at least releases you from the house … Enjoy the rest of your week!

Lowcarb team member said...

It's nice to see blue sky in your photographs, although with all that snow it still makes you feel cold!

All the best Jan