Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, December 18, 2018

The MVA

7:10 is the earliest I can leave in the morning without it being too dark.
Looking forward to the days getting longer so I can leave at 6:30
one day again.  
24 degrees this morning and thankfully the wind has died down.
A mix of sun and clouds.
 Another walk to town and around there before heading back home again.
A couple of pictures down the main street in town.
Good smells coming from the bakery.
Good thing I don't carry any money with me
or I might be tempted to stop in.

No other people about walking or running.
Just the usual waves and toots from people who see me every day.
🎄     🎄
Food shopping day down in LaVale at Walmart.
Even though Christmas is in just a week away it is still not so very
hectic around here.  Nice living in a place where there are not
so many people.
Can't help but remember what this time of year was like down
where we used to live in Howard county and glad we are up here.

We went to the MVA to get our address changed on our licenses.
We've been to this one a few times now and it is always the same.
The people are all friendly, helpful, and happy.
I no longer dread going to MVA.
I took the time to fill out one of the 'how are we doing forms'
just to let them know what a pleasure it was doing business there.
Also told the people who helped us today that this was the
nicest MVA I've ever been too.
To see their faces light up made me so glad I told them so.😊

Home this afternoon I finished writing out all my Christmas cards.
Don't send out as many as I used to but still enjoy sending them.

Then we went down to town and mailed them.
Stopped at the library too, to get yet another book that I had
on hold.  Our library is such a pleasant place to go to also.
I love that when I walk in the door they know who I am and say
Hi Karen and if I have a book on hold I don't even have to ask,
they just turn around and get it off the reserved shelf.
Oh the joy of living in a small town.

A nice sunny day today.
Hope yours was too.
happyone  💕

"It is good to be children sometimes,
and never better than at Christmas
when its mighty Founder was a child Himself."
~Charles Dickens

17 comments:

Tom said...

...beautiful sky to get you going in the morning.

Sandi said...

Your town looks so serene!

ellen b. said...

Oh my, I would have been sucked right in to that Bakery! :) Glad you had a pretty walk.

Inger said...

I love your small town pictures. Our town is getting way too big too fast.

William Kendall said...

That first shot is stunning.

Rose said...

I am looking forward to the days getting longer again, too! Our little town Bureau of Motor Vehicles is soooo nice, too.. my kids live in a bigger town but come up here to do a lot of their business cause it is so different.

Pom Pom said...

That IS nice that the library is so friendly.
Soon the days will grow longer.

Ruth Hiebert said...

There are definitely blessings to living in a small community.My town/city is growing a lot, but for the most part still has that small town feel.

Granny Marigold said...

I like the photos of your little town. It must be nice to be known by name when you go to the library ( or anywhere else for that matter).

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love these pictures. Your little town sounds like a great place - so homey with such nice people. I know that you and Ken fit right in!

Lisa said...

I would have stopped in that bakery anyway for a sample. Haha.
Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That bakery is so inviting. You should have gone in.

Bon appetit. God bless.

Dianna said...

Small town living is wonderful, isn't it? Reading your post reminded me of our days in Hampshire County. Thank you for telling the people at the MVA how nice it is to do business there. I doubt that they have many people who tell them so. You are a blessing, Karen.

Kerin said...

Cute mainstreet!
We too love small town living! It's nice to see friendly faces wherever we go, and to know that people care about each other.

Warm wishes.
~K.

Michelle said...

I enjoy many of the same things about living in a small town. My librarian used to take my toddler aged son and read to him so I could look for my books :)

Vee said...

Take money☺ Stop at the bakery☺ It's Christmas☺ Please! Support your local business☺ Report back☺

Lowcarb team member said...

Loved seeing the photographs of your town.
You sound very happy.

All the best Jan