Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Started the brick work

Left the house at 6:45 in the dark and drove the 2 miles to town
to take my morning walk around town again like yesterday.
Seems to be working out good this way for the time being when
it is too dark.

I was walking around one of the cemeteries and it looked like a
dog sitting there in the middle of the path around it.
I stamped my foot and when it turned and ran away I saw
that it was actually a fox.
I know they are around here but it is the first time I've seen one here.

It was a cloudy morning and 36 degrees and very calm.

Later in the morning we had a mix of sun and clouds.
It warmed up a bit and we went outside to work on the brick.
 Went and got a trailer load of 'dust' to put under the brick.
Were thinking of using sand but the dust was recommended by Lisa at the quarry.
Ken got the area ready for the brick while I hauled the brick over for
him to use. 
Work is pretty slow going trying to get the bricks in just the right place
and level.  They need to slope a little away from the doors so water
won't run into the garage.
 Work ended for the day here.

This is looking at it from the front door.
The brick we picked out looks like it has stitching around the
edges and to me makes it look like leather.
The brick will be this wide all along the three garage doors.

Our son David sent me a picture of his daughter, our granddaughter Scout
sitting in the drivers seat of a car driving.
She is grandchild number 3 and I just can't believe she is old
enough to drive.
 
So that's been my day so far.
And now to enjoy a nice quiet evening at home
which I so do enjoy.

A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

"Skipping is jumping for joy,
step after step."
~ Terri Guillemets

14 comments:

William Kendall said...

That's going to be quite something when you're finished!

Tom said...

...this reminds me of my years in the landscape business.

Ivy Green said...

Your porch ceiling is spectacular! Love seeing your new house from this vantage.

Granny Marigold said...

The brickwork will look great once it's all done ( it looks good already, I like the brick you've chosen).

Carol W. said...

That's a lot of work, but you're both doing a great job fixing up your new home. I like the varied colors of the brick work. Good job!

Adam said...

That's a lot of bricks

M.K. said...

That brick is going to be just beautiful. Love the color.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the brick look pretty. That is some back breaking work, kudos to both of you! Have a happy day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful brick work. Takes a lot of patience to do.

God bless.

Breathing In Grace said...

The brick looks awesome...it reminds me of what we have on our house, but without the "stitching". You all are really hard workers! HOPE you have a great Wednesday!

Vee said...

The brick looks fabulous! There's nothing that you two can't do. I am shocked that Scout is driving, too. I thought she was eleven or twelve. I do lose track of time.

Anonymous said...

Looking good

ellen b. said...

That is looking real nice!

Lowcarb team member said...

I think that brick is going to be just beautiful, it's a very nice colour.

It's true the years go by so quickly and the grandchildren grow up - suddenly they are driving !

My good wishes

All the best Jan