Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 15, 2018

Drove to walk

 50 degrees this morning, dark and windy.
It was nearly 7:00 and still dark and I was antsy to get walking
but didn't want to go in the dark.
So I did what my friend Kathy does and drove the car to town.
I parked in the driveway at the old house and walked around town.
 Some blue sky around but then it quickly left and was cloudy and had
a couple of quick light misty showers while I walked.
Once I got out of the car I realized that I had forgotten my Striiv pedometer
at home.  Then remembered I had a walking App on my phone so used that.
My walk around town was up and down all the roads, around the ball park
loop and both cemeteries.

My friend Kathy was out walking too and the last mile and half of my walk
we walked together.  Hadn't seen her in a while and was nice to 
get caught up.

Here is the walking route from today.
What a crazy route it looks like seeing it pictured.
When I got home Ken had some cherry turnovers for us for 
breakfast that he made.
He does that once in a awhile and it is always such a nice surprise.  

Our next project is to put some brick down in front of the garage
so when we drive in we don't bring the gravel 
from the driveway into the garage.
Too rainy to start the work today but we made two trips to
the stone store to pick up our two pallets of brick.
Hopefully tomorrow the weather will be better and we can begin work.

I read this afternoon and finished The Little House in the Big Woods.
I enjoyed reading the book but it was different than I imagined
it would be.  It doesn't read like a story but of random memories.
Was going to start the second book but realized I had book number
three so on the way to Brenda's for pizza stopped at the library
and got number 2 to read later.

Also worked on the latest baby blanket and now just have
two more strips to make and sew. 

Still have one of those brownies left and I'll have that
with some ice cream for my snack
while we watch the next episode of Midsomer Mystery.
 
Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone ๐Ÿ’•

"As a child, my number one best friend was the librarian
in my grade school. 
I actually believed all those books belonged to her."
~ Erma Bombeck

18 comments:

Tom said...

...Apps, they have them for everything!

Inger said...

Love your sunrise picture. And you are an inspiration, but I only made it for 20 minutes this morning, walking up and down my hills. But, better than no walk, said I to my dogs. They seemed to agree.

Michelle said...

The Laura Ingalls Wilder books have always been one of my favorite series. Another is the Father Tim series by Jan Karon.

happyone said...

I've read the Father Tim series and loved them as well.

William Kendall said...

That first sky shot is my favourite.

I read all of the Ingalls books, and Little House In The Big Woods was always my favourite of them.

Pom Pom said...

I'm glad you drove to town to do your walking, Karen.
I have read the Little House books many times. I used to find them so soothing.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos. we have had alot of rain here, colder temps like in the 30s lol

Granny Marigold said...

Cherry turnovers for breakfast sounds delightful.
I hope you have nice weather tomorrow so you can work on getting those bricks in place.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I got a little dizzy just looking at your walking route!

Adam said...

Some golden clouds there.

Geraldine said...

Your posts inspire me to walk even more and I love walking! ๐Ÿ˜Š

That was smart to drive and then walk around town, safety is always important.

Hope you have a lovely week!๐Ÿ˜‚

Onneli Winter said...

Walking is the best way to see beautiful nature, you can stop when you want <3

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the first sky shot is beautiful, lovely sunrise. I use the app on my phone, it works well. Have a happy day!

Lisa said...

A change of scenary is nice sometimes. We walk the same route every day. I wish we could find an alternative route to walk sometimes. There is no where nice to drive and walk in my sketchy little town. Haha
Lisa

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Seeing the route makes it seem very long, you cover a lot of ground. Have a lovely day xx

ellen b. said...

Good idea to drive into town for your walk. What a nice surprise when you got home, too. We need to do something about gravel in front of our garage/shop, too. We are thinking of expanding it so maybe when we bring in cement for the 10 foot extension we'll extend the cement out a bit in front.

Henny Penny said...

That is the most unusual sky picture. It's beautiful. That walking route looks like a long long walk. I would faint to come home and find that Dan had cherry turnovers made...or any kind of turnovers. :)

Kerin said...

Nice that you were able to get your walk in, and catch up with a friend as well.
Hope you get some nice weather in which to lay the brick.
It's very thoughtful of your hubby to make breakfast for you, and such a delicious one at that :)

~K.