Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 09, 2018

Fences

It seems like every morning the temperature is 60 degrees
and it was again today.
No fog today, just sun once it came up over the mountain.
Walked into town and straight down the main street.
Continued round the loop by the base ball park
and up the hill to the cemetery and around there.
Had enough miles under my belt by then so headed back home.

The soy beans here were harvested yesterday.
They don't waste much time once they get started.
 Saw a couple of blue jays this morning and some more chipmunks.
Those chipmunks sure move fast.
When I got home I looked up how fast they can run.
33 miles per hour.  Pretty fast for such little things.

An uneventful walk but those are nice.

I did stay inside this morning and got some work done.
Not all I wanted to but enough.

Ken dug the other 5 holes for the posts for the fence
and after lunch I went out and helped him put the posts in the holes.
My job was to level them and hold them in place while Ken filled in the holes.
I painted the posts and Ken put the chain on them.
Here is the finished project.
The big white propane tank now sits here behind this fence that Ken made
with left over siding from the house.
Plan on reading tonight.
My book club meets Thursday at 11:30 and I still have half the book to read.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  💕
Looking up in my front yard

18 comments:

William Kendall said...

I like that perspective looking up at the house.

The chipmunks are busy right now getting their winter quarters fully stocked. Soon you won't see them at all.

Tom said...

...a nice view up!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I especially love that last picture, looking up into the tree tops.

Henny Penny said...

Oh wow! I love the new fence! All that stone is so pretty and goes so well with the colors in your house. Looks like you are in the mountains. Thank you for showing the new fence.

Adam said...

I was wondering what was behind the fence. I've seen them really close to a house before, that would make me scared for the most part.

Granny Marigold said...

That was a good idea, 'hiding' the propane tank with a fence matching the house.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your house and property are starting to look like they've been there a while. Hiding the propane really makes it a much prettier view.

Lisa said...

Chipmunks are so fun to watch and are so cute. I used to see one around here a lot but haven’t seen one in a couple years but that might be because of a couple cats in the neighborhood that want to roam around.
Lisa

Onneli Winter said...

Love that last picture, so colorfull.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Putting up posts for fences is dangerous. Be careful. I did it once. Never again. I held the post upright and said to my colleague, "When I nod my head, hit it with the hammer!" I nodded. He hit my head!!!

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I have a few chipmunks here, they do run fast. Your fence is nice and I like the rock wall. Enjoy your day and have a great week ahead.

Kerin said...

Great job on making the screen for the propane tank.
It's the details that make homes and properties look so neat and tidy :)
Love the fence with the chain as well..very nice.

Smiles :)
~K.

Debby Ray said...

Ken's stonework and the chain fence is really very nice! You have some pretty color going on too, it looks like. Still waiting here. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Pom Pom said...

Your house looks gorgeous! I like the fence with chains.
It sounds like you are enjoying the fall weather, Karen.

ellen b. said...

Nice idea to hide the tank from view. It looks real nice and matches the house.

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen, I need your snail mail address! Your home and fences are looking great. Proud of you and Ken for all you do, and how well you do it. I've had a hard time proving I'm not a robot so have not been able to comment lately Hope it works today! MJ

Aritha said...

Good to hide the tank. What a big house!

Vee said...

That’s a nice disguise for the propane tank. The posts and rock wall look great. Love that last photo...that’s nice color and birch is always pretty.