Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, August 06, 2018

Pretty morning and butterfly

I can see the days getting a bit shorter now and that means the sun isn't
up and shining when I leave the house in the morning,
but I get to see the sun come up each day.
It was 61 degrees this morning when I walked, calm with a mix
of sun and clouds.

Had my usual walk around town and the cemeteries and the ball park loop.

I saw a deer with her young one and a few rabbits.
The geese were no where to be seen.

Saw a few people with trucks and trailers by the house that is
being taken down in town.  They were loading up and taking stuff
away.  Nice to see that there are things from the house that
can be used for new projects.

Walked 6 miles
Found a penny and a dime πŸ’°
 πŸšΆπŸΌ‍♀️     🚢🏼‍♀️
 I had to stay home today and get some things done around the house.
Washed 4 loads of laundry and since it was a warm sunny day
they dried in no time.  I'd hang up a load and by the time the next
one was done most of the clothes were already dried.

Mowed the lawn this morning.
One of the little tires on the front of the lawn mower has a broken
valve stem so it doesn't hold air.
I could still mow the lawn but making those zero turns didn't
go quite as easily.  It was pretty funny at times.

Ironed a couple of curtains for the 1 1/2 baths at the new house
this afternoon.  Just little Battenburg Lace toppers.
Packed up some books to take over there too.

We will be leaving in about a half hour or so
for our weekly supper of pizza at Brenda's.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone πŸ’•

"Butterflies are self propelled flowers."
~ R H Heinlein

15 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

What a lovely butterfly!

Inger said...

You had a busy day and still found time for your blog.

Inger said...

I meant to also say: And for visiting other blogs.

Tom said...

...I haven't seen many butterflies this year.😟

Dianna said...

Sounds like a lovely day...and I'm a bit sad about the days getting shorter now. It isn't completely dark by 8:30, but definitely darker than it was a few weeks ago. The butterfly is so pretty...such a nice capture!

Henny Penny said...

You make every day seem special. I've noticed the days are getting shorter too. Butterflies lite in the most unusual places. That is a pretty one. Some days the goat lot is full of butterflies and there are no flowers or grass there. They just flutter about.

Granny Marigold said...

That Butterfly is so beautiful; could it be a Mourning Cloak, I wonder?

Ruta M. said...

Stunning butterfly.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That butterfly is beautiful.

Do you keep a diary and record of every penny you find and where and when? You could stick them all in a book with a record of their history.

I do that with all the dust I gather in the house!

God bless.

Sue said...

It seems your day was full like mine was, my dh says if all the pennies that were lying around on the ground were found one could retire. Though I rarely find any when I walk, i am still looking, I once found a dime outside the gate.
Countdown to moving is on, I am excited for you.
Blessings,
Sue

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That is the MOST beautiful butterfly! What a gorgeous color and so nice to get it with it's wings spread. Well done! Enjoy your day! You've probably already walked this morning. Hope it was a good one. Hugs!

Kerin said...

Love that you get to enjoy such beautiful sunrises.
That is a beautiful butterfly! Great picture!

Have a happy day.
~K.

happyone said...

The butterfly is a Red-spotted Purple

Adam said...

Amazing capture of your butterfly

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty sunrise. Love the beautiful butterfly, great photo. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!