Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, August 17, 2018

Moving In

A nice cool breeze this morning kept the 64 degrees feeling nice and cool.
Nice to watch the sun coming over the mountain from the cemetery.
Walked up and down all the streets in town.
Lisa was out running and said a good morning as we passed by.

There are quite a lot of geese over by the town pond
and they cross the street and spend some time in a yard.
While crossing the street they leave lots of deposits in the road
and it is an obstacle course walking past.

The horse family was out in the pasture and Little Star is
getting pretty big.  They didn't even look up so I didn't take their picture.

Walked my usual 6 miles
🚢🏼‍♀️     🚢🏼‍♀️     🚢🏼‍♀️
Ken didn't go to breakfast with Edd this morning so I made
us the pancakes he would have had.
Ken went up to the house after breakfast.
I was at home getting some laundry done and baking
Chocolate Chippers for the kids at Sunday school this Sunday.
Also got a few more boxes packed up.

Finished the yellow baby blanket. 
I made it with a white/yellow variegated yarn and though I like
how it came out it is just different than I thought.
I thought that each square would be variegated but the length
of the colors were too long for that.  I think it has a nice blend
of yellow and white.  I didn't arrange the squares in this order but 
sewed them together as they were made.
The next blanket I'm going to try to make a gingham pattern.
Got the idea from Blogger friend Lisa who has made a blanket with 
that pattern that turned out beautiful.

After lunch we started bringing more stuff up to the house.
The final inspector came and gave us the all clear to move in.
Oh Happy Days

We worked all afternoon and brought up three full pick-up loads
and put everything were it goes.  
Even have some pictures on the walls.

Went back to the house for supper, just had left over pizza.
Then went back to the new house with a small load
and now we are back at the old house for one last night.

Had to bake a second batch of chocolate chippers for the kids at
Sunday school for Sunday and now I'm ready to sit
down and rest.
Snack tonight will be four fresh baked cookies.
And I'm off to eat them right now.

Hope you had a good day and you smiled often.
Life is Good
happyone πŸ’•

21 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! Busy day for you folks. The cookie sound wonderful. I like how the blanket turned out.

Tom said...

...what a way to start the day.

Happy@Home said...

Oh, how exciting! I'll be following along closely seeing what tips I might pick up for our upcoming move. I imagine by now you two are pros at it.

Granny Marigold said...

The sunrise picture seems very apt as it signals a new day. I'm very happy that your moving in is actually happening.

Joyful said...

It's a lovely baby blanket. It sounds like you had a very nice day. Moving in is very exciting after a long process. The children will love the chocolate chip cookies.

bettyC said...

Happy moving

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the baby blanket is so pretty, I like the yellow color. Yay and congrats on your moving day. Happy weekend to you!

Adam said...

cute baby blanket

Melanie said...

I am so excited for you! I remember when this house was a dream and a house plan. Now a reality. We are having rain today. I hope your move in weather is better. I always felt like when curtains were up and pictures were on the wall, it was finally home.

Debby Ray said...

Can't wait to see pics! SO happy for you!

Silver in AZ said...

congrats on moving approval! Don't overdo!!

ellen b. said...

Congrats on the go ahead to move in. How exciting!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes on your house move. Wishing you happiness always.

God bless.

Kerin said...

So happy for you both!
You've had a very full schedule; hopefully you can put your feet up and enjoy the fruits of your labor this weekend.

Smiles :)

~K>

Geraldine said...

What a lovely blanket, I love yellow! Congratulations on the move in!!!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Henny Penny said...

How do you get so much done and busy moving at the same time. Baking cookies and making baby blankets, and walking. You are amazing. I love those yellow goldenrod flowers in your last post!

Inger said...

Those morning walks really help you have a beautiful life and give you all that energy you have to work hard on what needs to be done and also be creative with cooking and baby blankets and all those good things. All the best with the move, which already seems to be going so well.

Sue said...

You amaze me with your stamina, the blanket is precious. I can imagine how bittersweet it was to spend the last night your home, but what a wonderful journey you have ahead of you.

That you for your kind thoughts about our loss of Jack, this past week has been so sad for us.
Blessings,
Sue

M.K. said...

That's very exciting! What a full day you had -- in addition to the moving in. That's a lot of cookies! :)

Vee said...

Peeking in to see if you are at the new house and it appears that you are! I am amazed with all the progress and the way you pack it up, unload it, and then PUT it away. That’s a good lesson for me. Hope that your first few days at the new house have been peaceful and pleasant. I am so happy for you and Ken and your new home in the community you love.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely photograph that is.
Happy moving and settling in.

All the best Jan