Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 08, 2018

Pantry

This is another picture from yesterday on the boat ride.
I can just picture myself sitting there in the swing.
So calm and peaceful.
This morning I left the house at 6:20 and it was 50 degrees and sunny.
Had my usual walk around town.
Stopped to talk to George for a minute.
Rebecca was out walking her little white dog and we stopped to say hi.
Traffic on the side road is more than usual because people are
driving there to avoid the way one road through town
while they work on the sidewalks.

Walked 6 miles
Found a penny
 ๐Ÿ„     ๐Ÿ„     ๐Ÿ„
   This morning we worked outside on cleaning the gutters on the back
of the house.  A very dirty messy job.
I gave the outside stairs to the basement a good sweeping but
it needs a power washing.
Ken started power washing on the back of the house but will finish tomorrow and
also power wash the outside basement stairs.

After lunch we finished painting the basement rooms that Ken had
his train layout set up.

Went up to the new house.
It is being outside wrapped so the siding can get started.
Inside the pantry door is painted blue.
Ken is going to paint 'PANTRY' on the middle glass.
This is an old door we've had for who knows how long.
Ronnie sanded and painted it.
Check out that glass doorknob.  We have them on all the inside doors.
Inside the pantry.  Hard to get a picture.  This is half of it.
The other side is just like this.
This is my dream pantry.
The gas stove is all hooked up and works and the mantel is stained.
It's been a good work day
and tomorrow will be more of the same.
Looking forward to a little reading
before watching a Netflix (Midsommer Mystery)
and of course my ice cream.
Chocolate Chippety.

Hope your day was a happy one and you smiled often.
Life is Good
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•
 
"You can tell more about a person by what he says about others
than you can by what others say about him. "
~ Leo Aikman

17 comments:

Tom said...

...that sure is a pretty blue!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I can sense the excitement about the new house. To be honest,I'm excited for you.

Adam said...

I like the color on that door

Joyful said...

You have a very large house. Are you expecting a lot of grandchildren and children to visit? Other family perhaps? I love your pantry, the blue door and I think glass door knobs gives a nice classic and elegant touch.

happyone said...

It is really not that big. Kitchen/dining room, living room, 2 bedrooms and 1 1/2 baths.
The rooms are a good size though.
No, we don't get visitors.

Granny Marigold said...

I like your pantry and the neat door that will even nicer when the word Pantry is painted on it!

Joyful said...

That's a perfect size without visitors. I too like big rooms.

Leslie said...

beautiful scenery! I love the pantry already!!! The door and the color are perfect! I'm excited to see it when it's all finished!
Happy Saturday. Enjoy that ice cream.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You often find pennies when out walking. I'll change my walking route and come your way.

Love your new house.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, you pantry is really nice, I like the door color. We need to buy a power washer. Pretty shot of the cattle. Enjoy your day and weekend!

Retired Knitter said...

Love the look of that Pantry door. I love the glass panels. Your house is coming along really nice. You must be very happy with it.

Sandi said...

"Found a penny"

:)


Debby Ray said...

Love the pantry door and glass door knobs...things that I also hope to have in our new home, except want to find and old screen door. Beautiful fireplace/stove and mantle!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a beautiful scene in your first photograph.
Your new home is looking very good.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Oh...I love that pantry!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

I had to come all the way back to see some pictures of the new house. Love that blue door with the lighter blue walls. I've been away for a while. My mother-in-law passed on the 7th, viewing and funeral on the 11th and 12th, then drove down to Houston to a cancer center on the 13th hoping for better prognosis for Wild Bill. Defeated we came home and are trying to gather our thoughts.

M.K. said...

What a pretty blue door!! Love it - rather old fashioned, and a lovely color. And your woodburner surround is really nice - that will keep you toasty in the snowy months!