Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 09, 2018

A good days work

A Golden Morning to start the day.
60 degrees this morning and mostly cloudy. Had my usual walk around town.
Quiet on a Saturday morning, no sidewalk workers and no school buses.
Only activity was at the bakery.

The sign at the town pond has been repainted.
Don't know who painted it but I don't think they spent a lot
of time with it.
 Walked 6 miles
Found a penny again.
🦆     🐢     🐟
I made blueberry pancakes for breakfast and while I was cleaning up the
kitchen Ken was already outside.
I joined him soon after.

First we finished cleaning the gutters.  This time on the front of the house.
Then the whole house got a good cleaning with the pressure washer.
Ken did that part but I watched.
I did try at one point but that didn't last long.
It looks so easy when someone else is doing it!!
 I helped move the ladder around and kept the hose from getting
hung up on things.
What a difference the washing made.  Looks so nice now.

He also did the front sidewalk and the outside stairs to the basement.
Looks like new cement.

We've had an old plastic bench about 4 feet long for ages
which stays outside and it was really dirty and had green mold on it.
The power washer made it look brand new again.

I think Ken enjoys playing with pressure washer.
We were outside all day doing that.
Perfect weather for it - sunny and on the warm side.

We also took some more outside stuff up to Happy Trails to the tractor barn. 

It's been a busy day and I think we will both sleep well tonight.

Oh almost forgot, Ken also fixed the outside back water spigot.

So that's it for today.
Always nice after a long day of work to come inside and relax
and have a bowl of ice cream.
I'll be having mine in just a little while.

Hope your day was a happy one and you smiled often.
happyone 🎈

14 comments:

Tom said...

...wow, what a way to start the day!

Sandi said...

Oh no...that sign. :-(

Joyful said...

Beautiful sunrise to start your busy day. That sign painting looks terrible. I hope someone will fix it though I guess it really isn't such a big deal in the scheme of things. I'm glad you have gotten a lot of work done to pave the way to selling your home.

Granny Marigold said...

Yes, I'd say you deserve that bowl of ice cream and a relaxing evening after your busy day.

Adam said...

Must of been an accident in painting

Vee said...

That sign could use a pressure wash and a redo. It made me laugh and your comment was funny and wry.

I got so involved with pressure washing on Friday that I forgot my grandson was coming. When he arrived, I was soaking wet, but happy. Course I have a corner of my fence that is looking a bit strange. I think I went a bit too far.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful first photo. And you found another penny.

God bless.

Leslie said...

You made me laugh when you said that Ken enjoys the pressure washer.. So does Paul, and look out because once he gets that thing out, everything is getting cleaned!! : )

Sounds like another great day!!

Retired Knitter said...

I totally admire the fact that you guys move yourselves.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The sunrise picture is awesome.

Lowcarb team member said...

That is a beautiful sunrise, what a glorious colour.

All the best Jan

Michelle said...

I agree with Adam's comment :)

ellen b. said...

Glad you could relax after a good day of work. I can't manage the pressure washer for long, either.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the sky is stunning. A gorgeous start to you day! Happy Monday, enjoy your day and new week!