Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, June 27, 2018

More than a little wet

It was a cloudy morning when I first left the house at 6:30 for
my morning walk and 60 degrees.

Walked first on the roads behind my house and took the above picture there.
Then walked through town and down the main road.
Turned around and started back to town when the rain
came down.  Not just a drizzle but a drenching rain.  
Heard a loud clap of thunder and thought it a good idea to go home.
But after a mile the rain stopped for a while and though I was
soaking wet continued walking.  Went around both cemeteries and
the ball park loop.  I started to dry out a bit by the time I was back home.

Didn't see anyone else out.
Walked 6 miles
💦     💦     💦
Rain started again after I got home and rained for the rest of the morning.
We thought it a good day to go to Walmart for food shopping.
Got everything we needed and was back home for lunch.

The rain pretty much had stopped so Ken went up to the house to
move some HUGE stones around with his tractor.

I stayed home and baked another bunch of cookies for Bible Time
next month.  That make 12 1/2 dozen so far.

After that I read a while.

Made Rigatoni and Vegetables for supper.
Recipe HERE.

A happy day to you.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

Never ask, "What reason do I have to be happy?"
Instead ask, "To what purpose can I attach my happiness?"
 ~ Robert Brault

12 comments:

Tom said...

...more than a little wet, is what we need right about now.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That kind of rain sounds delightful, especially watching it from inside a dry house.

Lisa said...

Im enjoying the afternoon rain storms we have been having each day.
I bet your cookies are looked foward too by many!
Lisa

Angela said...

I think it's kind of fun to walk in the rain, especially if it's warm outside.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like your quote today. We need some rain. Very dry in the UK right now.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the view. The thunder is scary! I find myself reading more on rainy days. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Kerri Farley said...

Such a Lovely Scene!!!

Silver in AZ said...

that is a LOT of cookies! Is it a big group?

Debby Ray said...

We could use some of your rain around here. I love rainy days sometimes...especially when we need it and I don't have to go anywhere!

Lowcarb team member said...

Must say we could do with some rain … we have wildfire's in Northern England at the moment which they are struggling to get under control/put out.

Must check out your recipe.

Happy Friday and have a good weekend too.

All the best Jan

happyone said...

Me too, I walk in all kinds of weather.

happyone said...

Yes, Bible Time is held for a week and LOTS of kids come from all around the area. It is not just me baking cookies, but others as well, each of us baking 20 dozen.