Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 28, 2018

A short walk and a short post

Rained during the night but had stopped by my morning walking time.
It was cloudy but no rain and the temperature was 64 degrees.
Walked around town this morning including the usual cemeteries
and ball park loop.
I saw the older gentleman out walking again.
He looks a bit scruffy but is very nice and always has a smile and a kind word to say.
 
My walk was shorter than normal at only 4.4 miles.
Couldn't walk my usual 6 because we had to leave the house at 8:00
to go to church.  It was a work day for the Fingerprint Ministry.
We worked there till 3:30.
At one time I counted 24 people there working.  People come and go all
day and work whenever they can.

A couple, Sandy and Brian always provide a lunch for us workers.
It is a fun time with much talking and laughing as we do our work.

That pretty much took care of the day.
Before coming home we did stop up at the new house to see how the
siding was coming along.  Slowly but surely.  Some of the back of the 
garage got done.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  💕

7 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Our weather was very much like yours today, maybe a few degrees cooler. I lost my house key while walking. I had to go right back and retrace where I had taken my camera out of my pocket. Sure enough, there was my key on the path.I had wanted to take a picture of a rabbit right by the path and in my hurry I must have pulled the key out at the same time. I was very tired when I finally got home.

Ruth Hiebert said...

So many are talking about rain and over here we are waiting to get some.It is so very dry.Storm clouds are coming up nowise maybe we will get some. Have a good night.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you a splendid Week End.

God bless.

Sandi said...

Beautiful yellow flowers!

Tom said...

...rain here too, what a blessing.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Pretty flowers. I think we will be having a dry and hot weekend. I am glad the house is coming along. Happy Friday, enjoy your day and weekend!

Silver in AZ said...

pretty yellow flowers, and even a 4 mile walk is impressive to me!