Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 01, 2018

Friday

A cloudy morning and 60 degrees when I left on my walk.
Felt a few rain drops along the way but it never did rain.

Walked over to the laundromat to put up a church flyer on the
bulletin board.
Then walked on the roads behind my house and went through town
and around the cemeteries and the ball park.

Over by the ball park I spotted the Green Heron again at the edge
of the little stream.  I was just about to take his picture when he
flew up into the trees.  I zoomed in and got a picture.
He blends in pretty good and the picture is not that good but I was
happy to be able to get it.
This guy doesn't blend in but stands out quite well
and was in my back yard when I got home.
Walked my usual 6 miles
๐ŸŽˆ     ๐ŸŽˆ     ๐ŸŽˆ
Took my car out for a little spin this morning.
Had no where to go so just went for a little ride.

It ended up being a nice sunny day.
In the laundry room we have some storage shelves and I went through
them.  Mostly just straightened things up but threw some stuff
away too.  Now it all looks neat and tidy for when people come to
view the house. 

Read some and also knitted and should finish the latest
baby blanket this evening.

I've enjoyed the last couple of days on my own but looking
forward to Ken coming home tomorrow.
I do miss having him around.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

"The best car safety device is a rear-view mirror
with a cop in it."
~ Dudley Moore

11 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds and looks like a joyful day. The house is quiet right now after having some ladies over for knitting and coffee (and hubby is taking a nap), and it's lovely to chat with you and think of you knitting away over there. Enjoy the rest of your evening!

Tom said...

...have a great weekend, Karen!

ellen b. said...

Haha...funny quote that I can relate to.
Glad you had a fruitful and sunny day.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love that final quote.SO very true.Have a wonderful weekend.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the Green Heron and Cardinal. The flowers look beautiful. So glad you had a happy Friday. Enjoy your weekend!

Adam said...

nice cardinal

Lisa said...

Cardinals are so pretty. We see a lot of them in the Fall and Winter. I used to have one come to my kitchen window in the mornings for a snack.
Lisa

Debby Ray said...

I do like having time to myself as well. Enjoy your weekend!

Henny Penny said...

I love the pictures in this post. I like having a day or two by myself, but then it's good to have him home again. It would get pretty lonesome after a while.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such lovely pictures here Karen.

All the best Jan

o2bhiking said...

Green herons are very interesting birds, but very skittish in my experience. But the last time we were in Walt Disney World, we went fishing, and a green heron landed on the rail of the boat 3 feet from me, hoping for some bait.