Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, June 18, 2018

End of half price pizza

A warm 64 degrees this morning when I left on my walk.
It was sunny with some low hanging clouds.
 It had rained during the night but had stopped by morning.
I would have welcomed a light rain shower like yesterday morning to cool me off.
Walked the Farm Loop.
The only sound to hear was all the birds chirping their
happy morning songs and a tractor off in the distance.

 Once back to town I walked around one of the cemeteries a
couple of times, through town and home.

The horses I usually see were nowhere to be seen today
and the cows weren't around either.

One side of the street in town has all new sidewalks
and the other side is about half done.
It is taking a while but looks so nice.

Walked 6 miles
Found 2 pennies
🐰     🦊     🐻
Got a couple loads of laundry hung up out on the line.
 With it warm and sunny they dried faster than if I had a dryer.

Made a quick sweep around the house cleaning and straightening things up.
I'll be doing that daily until the house sells.

 Next up was to get the grass mowed.
With my 0 turn rider mower I get our acre mowed in just 45 minutes.

During the afternoon I took a break and did some reading.
Haven't done any reading for the last few days.
Also my nails were in bad shape after all the weeding
(though I did wear gloves)
so I did my nails too.

We met David again for supper at Brenda's and had pizza
but it is no longer Half Price Pizza Monday.
Now that it is summer time this week they quit doing it.
Half price will start again after Labor Day.
We will still have a Monday Pizza though.

 Temperature up to 82 degrees - that is pretty warm for here.

Hope your day was a happy one.
 Life is Good
happyone πŸ’•

Do not repeat anything you will not sign your name to.
~ unknown

 πŸ      🏑     🏘
Feedback from the house viewing on Friday.
Realtor said it showed well inside and out but the people said it was,
Over priced
Didn't like painted cabinets
Didn't like our choice of colors
🏠     🏑     🏘

23 comments:

Tom said...

...beautiful views from your walk!

Granny Marigold said...

Too bad those people didn't like your choice of colours. You can't please everyone, I guess.

Joyful said...

It is difficult for many (including me) to imagine living in someone else's home and think of how things can be changed. Many of us like move in ready. I'm sure your colours and cabinets are just fine but not for the couple. They seemed to spend a lot of time considering your home though. Odd they didn't make a counter offer.

Your scenery is very lovely. It does sounds very hot right now. It turned hot here too the past few days.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am sure the right people who will love your house will show up.

Retired Knitter said...

Yes, keeping your house all clean and picked up will be a daily task, but you are a neat and organized person so it won't be too big a deal.

ellen b. said...

Oh bother with those comments. Why can't people see that they can paint things any way they want. We are still waiting for a showing or two with serious buyers. Ugh...it's frustrating but we know we'll be looking back at all this sometime in the future...

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Be patient. I'm sure the house will sell soon.

Need to ask - who is leaving all those pennies you find?

God bless.

Adam said...

I guess summer is more popular for pizza

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty views from your walk. I am sure the right buyer will come along and love your home. Enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Vee said...

Ineresting feedback for two reasons: 1 paint choices are easily changed 2. they can still make an offer regardless of asking price.

Guess they are not “the ones.”

It’s so pretty in your corner!

Anonymous said...

Selling a house is a big deal! No worries, it will be done soon:)

happyone said...

I hang all my clothes out on the line, don't even own a dryer.

happyone said...

I find all kinds coins. I think people just can't be bothered to pick them up if they drop them. Over the years I've saved all the coins I've found in old glass banks and have over $200. : )

happyone said...

Yes, and the lake is a vacation place so lots more people around in the summer.

happyone said...

I agree. I think most people paint when they move into a new place anyway. We always do. Good luck with your sale too. : )

Lisa said...

A good pizza is worth the full price. Right?. I see its finally warming up in your neck of the woods. Its in the 100's here! People are complaining but not me. I love it!
Lisa

Pom Pom said...

I think realtors should be careful with what they tell sellers. The right hobbit will come along and LOVE your beautiful home.

happyone said...

I don't think I'd be happy being that hot!!! : )

M.K. said...

Our high was 96 with a heat index of 106 - yucky! I'm sorry about the pizza price, but glad you'll eat it anyway. I'm doing laundry today too - load #4 at this point. And you're right that it dries faster outside. I try not to use my dryer unless I'm desperate. It uses so much electricity.

Retired Knitter said...

Hearing comments from folks viewing the property can be difficult. The right people will come along, I know it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

1 penny X $200 = 20,000 pennies. Wow ... do you remember Bobby Bare's song $100,000 in pennies?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV2cDXBrzr8

God bless.

Breathing In Grace said...

About the choice of colors....can they not repaint in their own taste. Mercy, how petty is that! I'm sorry, but some days I can't do people...LOL I got your message about receiving your goody package. I'm sorry I've not been visiting or didn't respond...life is so full in the summertime, especially since we've added taking care of my little Momma. HOPE your house sells to just the right people, and I know it will...in God's timing!

Ruta M. said...

That's a shame about the people who viewed your house. Selling can be frustrating. Someone told us that the only things that really affect prospective buyers is the layout and size of the rooms. I'm sure the right people will come along soon.