Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 16, 2018

A day of weeding

49 degrees and sunny and calm this early Saturday morning.
Walked up and down the streets in town today and both cemeteries
and the ball park loop.
Coming down from the cemetery on top of the hill in this picture.
 The old barn by the pond at the Drane house is still standing
though I think a few more boards have fallen off.
Ivy has grown up the trunks of the trees.
There are a couple more bunnies hopping around at the cemetery.
I saw two little ones.  They sure were cute.

This is such a nice time of the year for walking
and I walked 6 miles.
๐Ÿž     ๐Ÿž     ๐Ÿž
I spent the whole day outside weeding the large front garden
down by the driveway.
Started at 9 in the morning.
Took a break for lunch at 12:15 to 1:00 and weeded again till 4:15.
 That is a lot of weeding.
I have a blister on the palm of my right hand, a thorn in my finger
on the left hand which I can't get out and I have a wedge of
sunburn in the small of my back.  The space between my jeans
and my t-shirt from leaning over.
The garden sure looks nice now though but I tell you,
I sure don't feel like weeding again for a while!!

We haven't heard anything back on the reaction from the people
looking at the house yesterday and haven't had any
others looking today.
Maybe tomorrow.

I always look forward to my evening ice cream but
I'm really looking forward to it tonight.

Hope your day was a happy one.
Life is Good
happyone ๐Ÿ’•

May all your weeds be wildflowers.
~ unknown

17 comments:

Tom said...

...it's so hot and dry here, weeding would be like weeding your driveway!

Granny Marigold said...

I did some weeding earlier this evening after it cooled down a bit. Then I watered a few thirsty plants. It was hot today and supposed to be tomorrow as well.
My ice cream will have fresh strawberries on it tonight.

Ruth Hiebert said...

WOW! That is a lot of work for one day. I love the picture of the ivy climbing up the tree.Have a great Sunday.

Angie said...

I think that amount of weeding deserves a double serving of ice cream! Good luck with your house showings!

Adam said...

That's a lot of ivy

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wishing you well, Happyone. Will the new house be far away from your daily walk?

God bless.

Vee said...

I don’t do much old-fashioned weeding preferring my hula hoe, You sound as if you had a grueling session! That’s a pretty little scene coming down from the cemetery and the ones that you describe I can readily “see” as well.

Hope that your realtor will give you feedback...it’s part of her job to do so. Mine would often use a quick text to provide that all-important feedback. Remember: It only takes one buyer! ๐Ÿ˜Š

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the images from your walk. What a neat old barn. You did a lot of weeding. The realtor should give you feedback. Enjoy your day and have a great new week!

happyone said...

Only 2 1/2 miles so I'll still be able to walk to town.

Retired Knitter said...

Wow, that is a lot of weeding. I go out on my deck, pick off a few dead leaves and blooms and call it done! Hahaha. I was never into gardening. My deck garden is all I can manage. AND I am thrilled I haven't killed those plants yet!!! :-)

ellen b. said...

Hope your back and finger tips are okay today after all that weeding. We haven't heard back anything from our open house yesterday...

happyone said...

My weeds were too big for the hula hoe. : )
Thanks for the encouragement!

happyone said...

Yes, it is. Only 300 people live in our town. It is about 6 miles away from Deep Creek, which is a modest vacation place.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

What a vibrant and colorful area you live in. Your photos are so pretty! Weeding can sure wear one out.........but leave you with a feeling of happiness afterwards!

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

I take time to weed and although it is a lot of work......am so glad that I got it accomplished! Your photos and the area you live in is so vibrant and pretty!

Happy@Home said...

That is a productive day of weeding. My yard needs a good weeding too, but our 95 degree temperatures are keeping me indoors. I like the sounds of your 49 degree morning. I would be happy to pull weeds in that temperature. Last night at 9:00 it was still in the upper 80s. Ugh!
The pictures from your walk are so pretty.

Connie said...

I know that ivy is not good for trees, but it looks so pretty :)