Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 03, 2018

Summer Days

Spotted these this morning popping up in an old pile of brush.
Left the house at 6:30 this morning and had a walk in the sun with a
 warm temperature of 62 degrees with a nice breeze.
Walked my usual 6 miles around town.
Lisa was out running and as we passed, mentioned what a gorgeous morning it was.

Lots of birds out today.
Robins
Sparrows
Crows
Red Winged Black Birds
Swallows
Killdeers
Blue Birds

The fountain is back in the middle of the town pond.
That must mean winter is OVER.
🍄     🍄     🍄
Yesterday in the afternoon I went up to the new house and planted
a few cone flowers by one of the stone walls Ken has made.
In the morning I dug them up out of my garden as they 
just started popping up out of the ground.
I'll take a picture again once they are tall and blooming.
Also dug up some rhubarb from my garden and planted them at the new house.  
I'll be taking some of my daisies and planting them around too.
The mud/laundry room and half bath has been painted.
Hard to get a good color in the picture, but it is a light gray
with just a touch of blue.  The second bedroom (our office)
will be the same color.
🍄     🍄     🍄
Yesterday and today were like summer days
with temperatures in the 70's, just perfect.

Both days I had clothes blowing in the breeze on the line.  
They were dried faster than if I had a dryer.

Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone  💕

"There is nothing like walking to get the feel of a country.
A fine landscape is like a piece of music;
it must be taken at the right tempo.
Even a bicycle goes too fast."
~ Paul Scout Mowrer

8 comments:

Tom said...

...a big change in the temperature here too!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love those perfect Spring days! We've had a mild Spring so it's been nice here too. Love the birds you are seeing! Hugs!

Inger said...

Isn't it wonderful to wake up to bird song for a change? I love the little mushrooms that decorate your posts.

Lowcarb team member said...

That was a lovely lot of birds you saw out today.

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

I sure hope that winter is over. It's great that you can take some of your plants with you to the new home site.

Granny Marigold said...

I like Coneflowers but they don't do very well in my garden. I did buy 2 this Spring and planted them in a different area hoping that will keep them through the Winter. Maybe it's all the rain we get and they drowned.

Happy@Home said...

Great idea to take some of your flowers to the new house. I hope to do that too when the time comes. Your paint color sounds a lot like what I have in my laundry room. I find it to be a very pleasant color. Enjoy your weekend and the beautiful weather.

ellen b. said...

It's fun to see all the great signs that winter is over. Nice colors you have chosen for your new home.