Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 26, 2018

Saturday Critters - bears

Linking up with Eileen for Saturday's Critters.

60 degrees and sunny this morning at 6:30 when I headed out the door for
my morning walk.
  Walked around the Farm Loop and snapped a few
pictures of some of the critters I saw.





 Also saw a few deer, more cows, and lots of different birds.
Robins, Mourning Doves, Killdeers, Red Winged Black birds,
and a Gray Catbird but wasn't able to get pictures of them.

Once back to town I walked the last 2 miles around there before
going home.

Walked 6 miles
🐄     🐓     🐇     
 My son took this picture of the three bears last week
a block away from our new house.
It was taken with his phone and the bears all ran away when they saw him.
🐻     🐻     🐻

A couple people had questions about the Fingerprint Ministry at our church.
For those of you who don't know what it is I wrote a post about it
a couple of years ago HERE.

😊     😊     😊
    Did my usual morning chores and then walked over to the library
to pick up a book that was on hold for me.

Then it was time to mow the lawn once again.
Seems like I just did that.

Ate lunch.
After lunch tackled taking the rotting fence down from 
around the garden.
It was a project I did all on my own.  
Here's the before picture.
Loaded all the logs into the trailer.
Raked around the edges and mowed all the tall grass.
Then I weeded the six raised beds.
Four are ready for planting.
The other two have rhubarb and asparagus already growing in them.
Three hours later the work was done.
It won't take long before the grass grows over to the edges.
It was a lot of work but I feel a good sense of accomplishment
and glad that I was able to do it all on my own.
When I was done I stood in the middle of the garden and yelled,
Hallelujah it's done! 😊
I wonder if anyone heard me.

Sure looking forward to that ice cream in a little while.

Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone  🎈

"Me and ice cream.  Best friends forever."
~ Terri Guillemets

25 comments:

Tom said...

...bear, what lovely neighbors!

Happy@Home said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your day :). I think you've earned an extra scoop of ice cream today.
Great shot of those three bears. Will they be your new neighbors?

happyone said...

Yes. : )

Granny Marigold said...

You work very hard. I hope your muscles don't complain too much tomorrow!
Thanks for posting that link . I went back to read it then did what I should have done in the first place... googled it. Now I know.

A Colorful World said...

Great critters...loved the line of bears!

Granny Marigold said...

I meant to tell you that when I looked up Fingerprint Ministry I saw the picture of, and little write up about Donna Inglis. We attended the same church as Donna and Max for years. Lovely people.

Linda said...

Congrats on making the raised beds.
What an incredible shot of the bears!

Joyful said...

You have a lot of wonderful critters to look at. You also did a lot of work today. Is this at your new property or is it at the place where you live now?

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love this critter post and photos. The cattle and chickens are wonderful. That was a cool bear sighting, glad they ran away. Is you son still living nearby? The raised bed are great! Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week ahead.

happyone said...

Where I live now. Trying to get things ready for the sale of the house.

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

It must make your heart sing, so much wildlife around. I can't imagine seeing bears walking about, not a wild animal we have here xx

happyone said...

Yes, he lives nearby. : )

happyone said...

The Fingerprint Ministry at our church is not associated with Donna Inglis though it has the same name.

happyone said...

Not sore at all! I'm used to working. : )

Debby Ray said...

Wow...three bears...make sure there's no porridge at your new house or you may have some visitors! Sorry...couldn't resist. :D

Ruta M. said...

Your hard work in the garden has certainly paid off. It all looks very neat and tidy. I was wondering if you would have bears around you at the new house. I watch those programmes about people living off the grid and wondered if you will need to carry a gun with you if you go walking through your woods. Not something that would happen here.

happyone said...

No guns for me. These are black bears and they just run away when they see you. As long as you don't have food or get between them and their cubs it should be fine. I will no longer put bird feeders out because that attracts the bears. We've had a bear here in town walk through our yard.

Adam said...

At least the bears seem to be afraid

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You are very brave living next to bears. The wildest thing we have had in our garden are wasps.

The other day I went to the baker's and said: "I want to buy a wasp!" He looked at me suspiciously and replied: "We don't sell wasps!!!"

I said, "You have one in your shop window!"

God bless.

Lowcarb team member said...

Another busy day, but well done on everything you achieved.

All the best Jan

o2bhiking said...

Busy day! Did you son happen to see Goldilocks? As far as bird feeders, put them out in the winter but take them down in early April. As you said, bears only will come near humans normally if they think that there is a food source.

Lisa said...

Oh no! Bears! Thats pretty scary but arent they just so stinkin cute?
Lisa

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Your choice of “Life is Good” for your blog’s name is so perfect. Every time I stop by I find some evidence it is true! It may be your photography, a new-to-me recipe, or the inspiration that comes from seeing the work you and Ken do. I am so happy I found your blog! Thanks for sharing, take care, and have a great week ahead! John

Sandi said...

Bears!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Wow. That looks like a big job for one person. Laughed at your questioning if anyone heard you yell. I knocked a heavy wood piece and it fell over onto my toes and foot the other day, I wondered if anyone heard me too!