Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Lastest house work

I woke up this morning to rain pouring down, but 5 minutes later it stopped.
Left the house with my umbrella.
50 degrees and wet but no rain.
That didn't last long though and it wasn't long before I had to 
put up the umbrella.
I had only walked 2 miles but headed home because it wasn't just
rain but a thunderstorm.  Thought it might not be a good idea
walking in the storm holding up an umbrella.

It has been raining on and off all day with some periods of sunshine.

Made pancakes again for breakfast.
Then put some hot Italian sausages in the slow cooker and made
some macaroni salad for supper.

Then we headed out to the counter top store and picked
out the counter tops for the new house.
I've had Corian counters in the last three houses I've lived in and
really like it so getting that again.
We've chosen a color called Cobalt.
Think it will go nice with the blue walls and white cabinets.

Walked on over to the library at 11:20 for the book club meeting.
I only read part of the book but went anyway.
Wanted to see what others thought of it.
I just couldn't get into it.
One person liked it a lot (she recommended it) and a couple others
thought it was okay but most didn't like it. 
I'm the only one who didn't read it through.
The book was LaRosa by Louise Erdrich.

After supper we went up to the house to see what work
was done today.
I was so happy to see the refrigerator in place.
The wall oven and microwave too.
Cook top has to be put in after the countertop.
Where there are no cabinet doors now, will be glass doors.
The gas stove is now hooked up in the living room.
The living room is painted gray which is a bit darker than it
looks in the picture.

That's it for today.
Soon it will be ice cream time.
Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone  💕

"When walking, you see things that you miss 
in a motor car or on the train.
You give your mind space to ponder."
~ Tom Hodgkinson

15 comments:

Tom said...

...I like the blue in your kitchen!

Granny Marigold said...

The Cobalt Corian should look very nice with the rest of the kitchen.

I carried an umbrella on my morning walk but didn't have to open it. The sky looked very dark for a while but later cleared up nicely.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I absolutely love the colors in that kitchen.I don't think I would have thought of blue for a kitchen, but it looks amazing.Hmmm? Might have to have my walls repainted.

Angie said...

The house looks wonderful!!! That Cobalt Corian is really going to "pop" in the kitchen. You must be getting very excited to move in. Have a wonderful weekend!

Joyful said...

The kitchen is coming along so nicely and the cobalt blue countertop is beautiful. Have a great weekend. xx

Vee said...

Everything is coming on so quickly now and looks so fine. Your selections are wonderful. I am intrigued by the shape of the cabinetry beside the fridge to the left toward the sink. It appears to be angled so I’m thinking that is for ease of grabbing a glass...I note the plate rack, too!

Lisa said...

Ok I am in love with that sink!!!!! The colbalt is going to be so pretty!!
This makes me want to make changes in my kitchen.
Lisa

Vee said...

Cool! Glad that my eyes weren’t playing tricks on me!

ellen b said...

Things are really shaping up. That kitchen looks mighty fine! Love bottom freezer refrigerators!

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, Your new home is just looking excellent! Another fine post here. Wishing you and Ken a great weekend ahead! John

John's Island said...

By the way, great photo you are using for your header now!

Debby Ray said...

Oh...it is all looking so nice! And the fireplace/stove is beautiful. It won't be long now!

Henny Penny said...

Your house is looking beautiful. The blue and white in the kitchen looks so fresh and clean. Those counter tops will be perfect! Love that fireplace too!

Adam said...

It was like rainfest last night here

o2bhiking said...

I love the cobalt counters! Your new house is going to be stunning!