Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 11, 2018

Counter Top Change

🐌     🐌     🐌
Another beautiful morning for walking.
45 degrees and sunny.
Walked through town, up Barn Sale, down toward Happy Trails,
and back to town.
Around the ball park loop and both cemeteries.

A tree lined driveway that is along my walking route.
I see people doing all sorts of things while on the phone.
This morning I saw a man on a standing lawnmower mowing the lawn
and he was texting.
That was a first for me.

Walked 6 miles
     🚢🏼‍♀️     🚢🏼‍♀️     🚢🏼‍♀️
Went up to the new house with Ken this morning.
He did more work on the drainage and got all the pipes in out back and
on the left side of the house.
While he did that I was out in the back tending to the
huge burn pile.  Got rid of lots of cardboard boxes.
Still more to do but a breeze kicked up and thought I'd better wait
to do the rest.

Jason, the counter top guy came up to the house to take measurements
and to see exactly what the job entailed.
There were some issues about getting the Corian installed
without having to take out the wall oven unit.
Also with having a cooktop built into the counter top
he wasn't happy with the Corian because of the heat and
wondered if we would consider Quarts.
So we decided to go with quarts for the counter tops.

So it was back to the store to pick out a quarts color.
We picked out this color called Borealis Blue.
It looks gray but next to the blue walls it does have a tint of blue.
We are happy with this new choice.
I've always liked the glass door knobs that the old houses have but
didn't consider them because thought they would be too expensive.
But Ken surprised me and ordered some on line for all the inside doors 
in the house and they arrived in the mail today.
They are beautiful and I just love them.

It sure will be nice when we move into the new house.
you must all be getting tired of me writing about it.

That's it for today.
 Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone  πŸ’•

"A mother is person who seeing there are only
four pieces of pie for five people,
promptly announces she never did care for pie."
~ Tenneva Jordan

14 comments:

ellen b said...

We are pleased with our quartz counters. Those glass knobs are really pretty! Love that tree lined drive!

Sandi said...

love the sunlight bunny :)

When you move in, you can write posts about decorating and setting up and how the sunlight looks coming in your windows in the morning.

Tom said...

...texting on a lawnmower, oh boy!

Pom Pom said...

I'm not tired of reading about the new house! I love all the things you've chosen! Those door knobs are PERFECT! What a lovely touch!

Granny Marigold said...

Years ago we were at a salvage place and saw that they had those glass doorknobs. Bought a bunch and replaced the brass ones that I never really liked in the first place.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

It is going to be wonderful. Love those glass doorknobs.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Greetings Happyone. I am sure you are looking forward to moving in the new house.

God bless you and yours.

Adam said...

Cute bunny

Debby Ray said...

Love that tree-lined walking trail. I do like the new counter top and those door knobs are the bomb! I have my heart set on some as well!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the cute bunny. Your countertop looks pretty and I like the door knobs. Happy weekend!

Rose said...

No not tired of you writing about the move...it is fun to hear what you and Ken are achieving. I will be happy for you when it is done...

Ruth Hiebert said...

No,I'm not getting tired about hearing all about the new house.I am excited for you.Those glass door knobs are gorgeous, and to think we had them in an old house we used to live in and I didn't consider them to be anything special.Now I would love to have them.

o2bhiking said...

Better to make that switch now than in six months. The new choice is really pretty.

Vee said...

I love hearing about the new house and seeing the choices that you're making.