Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 22, 2018

2 pick up loads

Left the house this morning at 6:20.
It was 61 degrees, cloudy and looking like rain.
Had my usual walk around town.

Part of the sidewalk at the edge of town is getting replaced.
Looked like it was all ready today to get the concrete poured.
All the workers very polite and all said good morning as I passed by.

A couple people fishing at the pond but didn't see anyone
out walking.

On the way back home as I passed the library I felt the first
rain drops.  Library only a quarter mile from home so I made it
home before it started raining in earnest.

Walked 6 miles
 
🦏      🦒     🐘  
Since it was raining we started packing up a few things to get ready
to move to the basement in the new house.

Mid morning the rain stopped but only for a short while.
Rained heavy at times but finally at the end of the day the sun came out.

Once it cleared up we loaded up the pick-up truck up with some
some of our stuff and brought it up to the new house and put it in a
corner of the basement.
Most of the stuff is from Ken's train layout.  He saved as much
as he could but the layout is pretty much destroyed.
He will enjoy building another again.
Great hobby to have during the winter up here.

We took a load before supper and one after supper.
The move has begun.

Noticed that the siding was delivered and it is all sitting in the garage.
Maybe if it is nice tomorrow Ronnie can get started on the outside of the house.

 That's it for today.
No ice cream this evening, we've run out.
That doesn't happen very often.

Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone  🎈

There's nothing more exciting than
moving into your new home.
~unknown

12 comments:

Tom said...

...moving is among me least favorite activities, more power to you!

happyone said...

This is our 13th move so we are used to it. : )

Vee said...

I know that you believe that quote because you do it regularly! This will be the fourth home since I’ve known you. 🏡 Oh I hate to think of Ken’s layout so banged up. He does amazing work. You have video and wonderful pictures of it, which is the next best thing. Get thee some ice cream!

Granny Marigold said...

Around here running out of ice cream is almost as bad as running out of Cool Whip!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the first picture.It must be exciting to start moving stuff slowly.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the first scene and photo is pretty. Did I miss something, how did the train layout get destroyed? I am sure Ken is not happy. We seem to get some rain every day now. I am wishing for some sunny days in a row. Wishing you a happy day!

bettyC said...

There’s much pleasure living in our house for 47 years. I know that’s beyond your comprehension. But I sit here in my”treehouse” and see the twigs we planted. Back then my husband could reach his hand around them now I can’t even touch my fingers when I hug them. Our hill is covered with Our old “balled” Christmas trees, now 30’ tall. Nd the birds both eat and live on our property. Life is good no matter which way you go.

Happy@Home said...

I'm paying close attention to your moving process. With 13 moves under your belt, I can learn a lot from you. Our move will likely happen in Dec. or Jan. so I continue to edit posessions from living in one house for almost 20 years. I figure the less to move the better.

happyone said...

I can see how you enjoy being in the same house for all those years. We didn't have much choice with Ken being in the military. As you say Life is Good no matter which way you go. : )

Henny Penny said...

You must be so excited! I sure would be. Around here, it's almost a panic feeling to realize we are out of ice cream. There's just no replacing ice cream. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

What a stunning photograph that first one is.

All the best Jan

M.K. said...

Your first loads moved in! That's exciting! It's good your hubby doesn't mind building new train stuff :)