Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, April 29, 2018

Sunday

From Shepherds Abiding by Jan Karon,
book number 8 in the Mitford series.

 ðŸ’œ     💜
"I go to church now an' again, but I ain't whole hog on religion."

"Why is that?"

Lew shrugged.  "Seem like he wouldn't want t' mess with me."

"Why wouldn't he?"

"I don't know.  I've done a good bit of wrong in my life."

"So have I."

"Not you."

"Yes, me."

"I'll be dogged."

"I'm a sinner saved by grace.  Lew, not by works.  It doesn't matter a whit that I'm a priest.  What matters is that we surrender our hearts to God and receive His forgiveness, and come into personal relationship with His son."

"Earlene, she's got that kind of thing with, you know..." He pointed up.

"Would you like to have it?"

Lew gazed out the driver's window, then turned and looked at Father Tim.  Tears streamed down his roughly shaven face.  I don't know, I guess I ain't ready t' do nothing' like that."

"When you are, there's a simple prayer that will usher you into His presence and change your life for all time - if you pray it with a true heart."

Lew wiped his eyes on his jacket sleeve.

"How simple is it?"

"This simple:  Dear God, thank you for loving me and for sending Your Son to die for my sins.  I sincerely repent of my sins and receive  Christ as my personal Savior.  Now, as Your child, I turn my entire life over to you."

"That's it"?

"That's it."
💜     💜


A Blessed Sunday to you.
Jesus Loves You

happyone 💕

4 comments:

Vee said...

That’s it. Amen. ❤️

MZ said...

Just catching up on my blog after too long of a break. I love catching up on yours. Are you sure we are not twins? I am thankful for the things you share.

Debby Ray said...

I love it.

ellen b. said...

Yep, that's it!