Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, April 28, 2018

Down the middle

34 degrees this morning at 6:30 when I left on my walk.
The sun came out though and there was no wind.
It was a beautiful morning for walking.
Walked the Farm Loop today.

Not one car passed me for the 2 1/2 mile walk down this road. 
Kind of fun walking down the very center of the road.
I hardly ever some across anyone else walking or running along the Farm Loop 
but today Lisa was running it going in the opposite direction that I was.

George who I see in town sometimes, lives along this route though not
on a farm.  He was out in his yard and walked a short way up the hill
with me while we chatted.

Heading back to town here.
The loop is only 4 miles so I walked the other 2 miles around town.
Saw a few rabbits around town and this one stood still long enough for me
to take his picture.
Sure enjoy these sunny morning walks.
๐ŸŒท     ๐ŸŒท     ๐ŸŒท
Ken headed up to the new house right after breakfast.  I stayed home
because he was going to work on the drainage again on the tractor 
and there wasn't much for me to do.
Played around on the computer this morning relearning how
to do things that were changed with the new operating system.
Think I've gotten everything figured out now.

Started reading La Rose by Louise Erdrich, the latest book club
selection and just can't into it.
Every time I start to read it I fall asleep so I'm taking that as a sign
not to read it. 

Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone  ๐Ÿ’•

"Above all, do not lose your desire to walk.
Every day I walk myself into a state of well-being.
I have walked myself into my best thoughts."
~ Soren Kierkegaard 

14 comments:

John's Island said...

Hi Happyone, I just had to sit here for a few minutes smiling about you walking down the very center of the road for 2 1/2 miles and no cars in sight. That is so great and so lucky! :-) What a neat post and thank you for sharing!

Sandi said...

So peaceful!

Love the bunny.

Tom said...

...how nice to have the place all to your own!

Joyful said...

It's great to have the road to oneself. I tried reading a book by L. Erdrich once (Love Medicine). I couldn't get into it either. I kept it for some years before finally giving away. Sometimes we just can't get into a certain book. It's a good thing there are many to choose from!

Ruth Hiebert said...

The blue sky and green grass make for lovely pictures.

Adam said...

I went from Windows XP to Linux years ago, that was a big change.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love that rural farm loop! a great place to walk and anticipate your actions for the day. Glad you were able to snap the bunny photo.
hugs,
Jann

Victor S E Moubarak said...

At least it is not snowing any more. Enjoy your walks.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I love the views down the road, lovely photos. Cute bunny! Happy Sunday, enjoy your day and new week!

Lowcarb team member said...

These are lovely views down the road, a great selection of photographs.

All the best Jan

Back Porch Writer said...

Enjoyed going on your walk with you today! Have a good Sunday!

Connie said...

What a beautiful place you live, the countryside photos are always so calming and wonderful. Is your Spring just coming slower this year or is it always still cold in April and now almost May?

DUTA said...

Walking is my second nature. The walking route in your picture looks lovely!

happyone said...

Spring is like this every year. Can't plant anything till after Memorial Day. Our summers are beautiful, like one long spring.