Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 09, 2018

Robins

Well, the snow is not done with us quite yet, another walk in the snow.
Headed out for my walk a little after 7:00 and it was 31 degrees.
The sun trying to break through the clouds, but never quite made it.
 Walked around town, the ball park loop and both cemeteries.
Someone else walked down the sidewalk through town before me
because I followed their footprints in the snow for a awhile.
I saw three different Robins and felt sorry for them out in the snow.
I'm surprised that I was able to get a picture of them all.
This one on the path by the ball park.
This one by the car dealership.
And this one by the library.
This man must like fishing as much as I like walking to be out fishing
on a morning like this.
Walked my usual 6 miles
🌷     🌷
A man from the store came out to look at the wood floor at the new house
this morning and agreed with us that it wasn't right.
There were 5 different defects in the milling. 
We are getting a full refund.
 It was the first time that Ronnie has used this company and it will be the last.

This afternoon we went back to floor store where we bought the vinyl 
 and picked out a wood floor from there.
This may have been a blessing in disguise because I like this new floor
better.  It's a little bit darker, the boards come in random sizes of 4", 5",
and 6" and it has more of the distressed look that I like.
The floor can be picked up next week Tuesday.

Ken went to work this afternoon up at the house taking up the floor
that was installed.  Figured he'd do that so Ronnie wouldn't have
to take up time doing that.
They will come and get the boards later this week.

Ronnie put the vinyl flooring in the bathroom and the mud room today.

I've finished another 70 squares for the next baby blanket and will post a
picture after I sew them all together.

Also started on another baby blanket.  Decided to knit one this time
instead of making a weave-it one.
Found a quick and easy pattern on line and knitting it in blue.
Probably shouldn't have started knitting one because I didn't
get anything else done today. 😊

Waiting now for Ken to come home and David to come over
so we can go out for pizza at Brenda's.
Life is Good
Count your blessings
💕

 "He who has faith has....
an inward reservoir of courage, hope, confidence, calmness,
and assuring trust that all will come out well -
even though to the world it may appear to come out most badly."
~ B C Forbes

7 comments:

Tom said...

...we have them too, but our snow is gone for the moment.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Winter seems to hang on a long time this year, but as I said in my blog post,I don't want to complain, because God is in control. Glad you got things sorted out with the floor.I am excited to see the house Ince it is all done.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - looks like a snowy spring for you. Wow, sounds like your house is almost is finished. I really need to catch up! I want to get back into my blogging habit now that things are settling down here. I hope to come back and visit again soon! Have a great day. Can't wait to see pics of the new place!

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Although we have not had the snow, we have had temps like a rollercoaster. One day hot......next day cold. That man fishing in the snow made me chuckle! So sorry about your floor......but good that they refunded you.

Yesteryear Embroideries said...

So chilly, yet the fisherman is determined to catch one! LOL So sorry to hear about your flooring but glad that they refunded you. It has been chilly one day......hot another here in Texas. But the days are getting more and more pretty!

ellen b said...

Glad the flooring worked out well in the end. Wow. Now that's a dedicated fisherman for sure. By now maybe the snow is melted again.

Lowcarb team member said...

Always lovely to see your photographs ...

All the best Jan