Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Flooring

I had a rainy walk this morning.
It was 44 degrees and very windy which made for a not so pleasant walk.
Sometimes the wind was behind me and then it wasn't bad.
It just pushed me to walk faster.  For some reason that always makes me laugh. 😊
The other way though the wind blew the cold rain into my face
and it made its way down into the front of my rain slicker.
There were three fishermen standing around the pond.
I've heard it's better fishing in the rain, but wonder if that is really true.
Only walked 3.5 miles this morning.
Nice to get home to a dry house.
At least it isn't snowing.
🌸     🌸
Had my usual routine morning and then went through some stuff
deciding what to do with it, move it or toss it.
It rained the whole day and I enjoyed a good part of the
afternoon reading.

Made baked Ziti for supper.
David stopped by after work and stayed and ate with us.

Ken was up at the new house giving Ronnie and Walter a helping
hand installing the wood flooring.
The kitchen/dining room is finished and about 3/4 of the living room.
Should be done tomorrow.
Ken took these pictures.

That's it for today.

Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone 💕

"Sometimes we give up a dream
to play a larger role in someone else's dream."
~ Robert Brault

16 comments:

Tom said...

...a tail wind is a good thing, nice floors!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your flooring looks good.

If it's too windy it can make walking unpleasant, but you did do 3.5 miles, so not bad at all.
Hope the fisherman caught something!

All the best Jan

Ruta M. said...

We've had similar weather here. Your floors are looking good.

Joyful said...

Windy and I don't get along, lol. But rain I am used to. As you say, it beats the snow. It sounds like you had a nice day of waking, reading and decluttering. Have a wonderful week ahead.

Vee said...

Baked Ziti and a son for supper sounds great to me. A walk in that kind of rain not so much. We have had a lovely string of springy days so I’ll try not to complain when the rain returns for the remainder of the week tomorrow. Have a great rest of your week!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I know that walking in a rain may not be the best, but I would sure welcome a good rain over here.We need to wash all that winter dirt off the grass.

ellen b. said...

The wood flooring looks great. Glad things are warming up for your walks. Hopefully you'll have plenty of dry walks, too.

Happy@Home said...

It's been raining for two days here. When it's done I plan to get outside and pull weeds.
Your new flooring looks really nice. I like the color you chose.

doodles n daydreams said...

Aah, that is looking so good :)

Diana

Lisa said...

Ive heard that about fishing too. Maybe the fish stay closer to the top of the water when the sun in not shining through. Mabye the rain pellets bring them to the suface. I need to get my husband some rain gear so he can walk in the rain. He is an avid walker like you every day. He hates staying inside and doing laps in the house when its raining.
Lisa

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your new wood floors are beautiful. I like this color too. I hope the rain ends today. Enjoy your day!

Aritha V. said...

Ooooh, your floor! Very nice!

About fishing in the rain: "Fish come to the surface thinking the raindrops are bugs and move up to feed."

Debby Ray said...

Love, love, LOVE the new flooring! It is very close to what we would like in our new home...love the different widths of the boards. As I see your new home come together, it is making me more and more excited to hopefully be going through this ...sooner than later!

Cat Lover said...

Oh my goodness, your new home is really coming along. Love the floors!
We have rain here today but it is great for the lawns and gardens.
Take care.

Adam said...

The floor looks good

sharon said...

Love your floors!