Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, April 23, 2018

Barn Collective

Linking up with Tom today for the Barn Collective series.
Took these two pictures a couple of weeks ago on the way 
to get a trailer load of stone.

๐Ÿšœ     ๐Ÿ„
A mix of sun and clouds this morning for my walk today.
I'm liking these great walking mornings.  I've had quite a few of them lately.
It was 42 degrees and no wind.

Walked through town and up Barn Sale Rd and went to the end this time.
 Well almost to the end.  I turn around here at the last bend in the road
because there are a couple of mean dogs that live in that house
and sometimes they are lose.
Walked down toward Happy Trails again too and then back to
town and around one of the cemeteries and the ball park loop.

Saw some red winged black birds, swallows, cardinals, and killdeer.
A bunny hopping around too.

Walked 5.5 miles
Found a penny
๐Ÿšถ     ๐Ÿšถ
Ken was gone to the new house when I got back from walking.

 I was at home getting house chores done.
Sheets washed and hung out on the line and the usual
every day stuff.
Then headed out side to get the lawn mowed for the first time this year.
Turned the key and nothing happened, not even a click click.
Ken had put the battery charger on it for a while on Saturday
and it was working then so didn't know what was up with it.
Decided to just wait for Ken to come home for lunch to take a look at it.
In the meantime I went back inside and ended up reading till lunch time.

The battery charger went back on the lawn mower after lunch
and I waited an hour or so and then went to check.
Turned the key and I'm happy to say it started right up and
I got to mow the lawn.
When I first started mowing the lawn on the rider it was a lot of fun
now, not so much.  I'll be glad when I don't have to mow any more
lawn at the new house.

Monday came around fast and once again we went
to Brenda's for half price pizza with David.

Stopped at the new house before coming home and Ronnie is
working on the wood flooring now.  He got about a quarter of it done
and it looks great.  I like it much better than the other wood flooring.
Waiting till more of it is done before taking a picture.

Home now for quiet evening.

Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone ๐Ÿ’•

The reason old souls enjoy spending time alone
is because they never really are.
~ unknown

11 comments:

Tom said...

...Karen, there are some wonderful barns in your hilly countryside. The second one looks to have some new metal siding doors!. Thanks for sharing, enjoy your week.

Adam said...

I got a new riding lawn mower just a few weeks ago. I'm very thankful I have it.

Aritha V. said...

Nice old barn! Love to see the small window in the first one!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, pretty scenes from your walk. Hubby likes walking behind his mower. Have a happy day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

We mowed the lawn for the first time this week too. The grass was really tall with all the rain we've had. When I'd cut it to the end of the garden I found my wife still mowing the lawn from last year.

God bless.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful shots, particularly that second barn.

A Casa Madeira said...


Beautiful pictures.
I loved meeting you.
janicce.

Michelle said...

I am thankful that the men of the house do the mowing. I will do ALL other chores, but I don't like that one! lol

Inger said...

Things are turning green even here, but it all has to go before fire season. I love the old barns, so much history there.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs of the barns ...

All the best Jan

Vee said...

Glad that the new floor is working out well!