Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 09, 2018

Yes, more snow

This picture is from last week when the sun was out 
and it seemed like spring was coming.
This morning I woke up to the middle of winter
with lots of snow and still more coming down.
Too deep to walk in (since no one shovels their sidewalks
and I would have been in the way of the snow plows
so skipped my walk this morning.
My back yard
Out the front window this morning
Thought it would be a nice morning to make pancakes for breakfast.
I usually just make them with Bisquick 
but I cut out a recipe from Better Homes and Garden magazine
for Buttermilk Pancakes and made them.
They sure were good, light and fluffy and I don't think
I might never make pancakes with Bisquick again.

Did a few things around the house waiting for the snow to stop
so we could go out and clear the driveway.
That happened after lunch.
Both Ken and I went outside and cleared the driveway.
Him with the snow blower, me with the shovel.
It was a heavy snow this time and we got 10 inches or so.
We were outside about 2 hours so I got my workout then instead of walking.

Wouldn't you know we just get back inside and it starts snowing again.

Did some more reading.  Waiting to finish the book I'm reading before
starting the book club book.
Ken is at a meeting this evening so I just might finish the book.

Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

17 comments:

Connie said...

Your weather is the most unpredictable that I have ever seen. It's Spring and then it's Winter again. The most remarkable thing about that is that it doesn't keep you from your walks.
Here's wishing you a lovely weekend.
Connie :)

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Since we get to look at it from afar, your snow looks lovely to me! Just glad I'm not out there shoveling. Been there, done that, in Illinois during 3 years of heavy snow in 76,77,78.

Adam said...

Almost makes you wish you had a flamethrower for the snow in the driveway

Dianna said...

And I wondered if we would really get any of this snow! ha! You got about twice as much as we did. I was glad that Carroll had already taken the day off today...at least he didn't have to go over the mountain to work this morning. Happy reading!

Tom said...

...looks like spring is on hold.

Ruth Hiebert said...

You do have a good layer of snow.Those spring snows are very heavy.We just had some at the beginning of the week and it is still fairly white everywhere.

Christine said...

Oh m that was quite a lot more snow! Spring seems scared to take on winter!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it looks like a lot of snow. We missed this last snow storm, it must have went around us. We did loose power do to a wind storm Friday a week ago. Shoveling is a lot of work. The pancakes sound yummy. Have a happy day and weekend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Take care in all that snow. Ours has finally gone.

God bless.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It looks like a snowy weekend for much of the Northeast! I hope you get a chance to walk...I know you miss it when you don't. Sweet hugs, Diane

happyone said...

I actually like to shovel snow, though I am ready for spring about now.

Louca por porcelana said...

Hi!It is my first time here although it seems like not...Beautiful pics!Life is good.Hugs,Maristella.

Debby Ray said...

Wow...you certainly are getting your share of the white stuff! It sure is pretty. Love the pine cones...they almost look artificial! Stay warm!

CountryMum said...

So much snow!! Looks very beautiful... but a little cold!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

The snow sure does look pretty, but I’m so ready for it to warm up. Just checked to see what our temps will be when we get home next week. In the 60’s. I’ll take it! :)
Hugs,
Jann

Vee said...

I know it doesn’t last long in your corner, but goodness what is going on?! I let the grands tromp over my back deck on their way to the luge today. What a mess that’s gonna be if it doesn’t start melting right off. Sure looks pristine and like a Christmas card in your corner.

Lowcarb team member said...

Sometimes it seems even the weather doesn't know what to do!
Roll on Spring!

All the best Jan