Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Home today

This morning I had a nice walk all around town, up and down all the streets.
It was 32 degrees and though there was a little wind, it wasn't anything like yesterday.
For the most part it was just cloudy but with 2 miles to go
I started feeling some rain drops.  Very light rain and I didn't even get wet.

Walked around both cemeteries and the ball park loop.
A man was running around the loop.  Have seen him before
but don't know his name.

At the cemetery on top of the hill I met the Pastor of the church
in town.  In the above picture you can see the steeple to this church
in the distance on the right.
He told me he sees me walking most every day and we had a nice
little chat.  

It started raining a bit harder once I was back home.
Hopefully the rain will take care of the rest of the snow.
🌷     🌷
Something smelled good when I walked in the door.
It was cherry tarts that Ken had made us for breakfast.
He does that once in a while and it is always such a nice surprise.

The temperatures stayed near 32 degrees,
and the rain landing on the trees gave them a light coating of ice.
Thankfully the streets were just wet.
Temperature started rising and the ice melted and it is supposed
to continue to get warmer this evening.
It is now 36 degrees.

I made some cookies this afternoon.
 They are called Forgotten Cookies and my mother gave me the recipe
years ago and I never made them until today.
They go in a 350 degrees oven which you turn off as soon as you put
the cookies in and then leave them in there for 8 hours.
So I can't taste of them yet.
I'll let you know tomorrow how they turned out.

Did a little reading and sewed more squares for the baby blanket.
The sewing of the squares always takes me longer than I think.
That's it for today.

Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone  💕

"The sun does not shine for a few trees, and flowers,
but for the wide world's joy.
The lonely pine on the mountain top waves its sombre boughs and cries,
"Thou art my sun."
And the little meadow violet lifts its cup of blue,
and whispers with its perfumed breath,
"Thou art my sun."
And the grain in a thousand fields rustles in the fields
rustles in the wind, and makes answer,
"Thou art my sun."
So God sits effulgent in heaven, not for a favored few,
but for the universe of life;
and there is no creature so poor or so low that he may not
look up with childish confidence and say,
"My Father, Thou art mine."

~ Henry Ward Beecher

12 comments:

Ruta M. said...

What a change in your weather. I think the cold has moved over to us instead. It will be interesting to see how your biscuits/cookies turn out. We used to have a few unintentional 'forgotten' dishes when we cooked in the rayburn.

ellen b said...

Those cookies sound so interesting. I'll look forward to hear how you like them. Glad you made it through your walk without too much rain.

Tom said...

...a beautiful mild morning and a rainy afternoon here. The snow is slowly melting. Enjoy your week.

Adam said...

Our weather was slightly warmer today than yesterday

Dianna said...

Interesting about the cookies...I'll be interested to hear what you think. The name of the recipe is certainly appropriate. How nice of Ken to have cherry tarts waiting for you when you got in from your walk. I like the poem by Henry Ward Beecher.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The coating of ice on the trees can be very beautiful,but also cause damage if it gets to thick. Those cookies intrigue me.I've never heard of something like that.

Sandi said...

Peaceful walk!

Lisa said...

I think Icy trees are beautiful. I have never heard of “forgotten cookies”. Sounds interesting.
Ken is sweet.
Lisa

eileeninmd said...

Hello, we are having some rainy weather now too. I love the shot of the geese. They cherry tarts sound yummy. Have a happy day!

Debby Ray said...

My MIL gave me a recipe a long time ago for forgotten cookies. I'm not even sure I remember how they tasted, it's been so long!

Christine said...

So sweet & thoughtful of Ken to surprise you with a sweet breakfast!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the geese in your first photograph.

So nice of Ken to make those tarts.

All the best Jan