Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Happy Spring

This picture was taken the other day when we went to Whispering Pines.
This morning it was 32 degrees and a though the ground was wet there
was some freezing rain falling.
I started out with my umbrella but there were gusts of wind and after
having my umbrella blow inside out a couple of times I went back
home and dropped it off. Then headed out again.  
I soon had a coating of ice on my coat.
The temperature headed a couple of degrees downward
and things were started to get a coat of ice on them so
this time I headed home and stayed there.
Managed to get a 4 1/2 mile walk in.
 Didn't take any pictures while walking.

The freezing rain didn't last very long and before long it was snowing.
This is out my front window.
 We got about 6 inches of snow and it is still snowing.

Ken was out snow blowing the snow off the driveway and I was
shoveling.  The snow blower broke and I ended up shoveling the driveway.
Nothing major was broken and Ken can fix it.

Sure hard to believe this is the first day of spring.

Decided to do some baking and made the Red Velvet Cookies
from the recipe in the book, Carrot Cake Murder.
 The cookies were very good though a bit time consuming to make
and what a mess I made of the kitchen.  I seemed to have batter
all over the place.
You can find the recipe on my recipe blog.

Off now to make Tacos for supper.

Life is Good
Count your blessings.
Happyone 💕

"Let God's promises shine on your problems."
~ Corrie Ten Boom

12 comments:

Tom said...

...that red siding sure is an old style, a nice pop of color.

Dianna said...

Wow...we had sleet too, but not much snow...not even enough to cover the ground. The wind is really picking up now. I guess eventually we will see some white stuff. Kind of odd for the first day of spring, huh?

Love the Corrie Ten Boom quote!

Now I am off to your recipe blog to see about those Red Velvet Cookies. ;-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

What's with this weather? It's been snowing lightly all day at my place.I guess, this way we will appreciate spring so much more when it arrives.

Adam said...

Spring is losing to winter

ellen b said...

In contrast we had a sunny beginning to Spring without rain. Yippee. Rain is returning soon. Hope you get some good clearing soon. Love that quote from Corrie Ten Boom

Ed said...

Glad to see you are still walking and taking pictures, Karen. Ed from Walker Tracker (Starwalker)

Joyful said...

Wow! You still have a lot snow and cold weather. Hopefully that will end soon.

Lisa said...

HAPPY SPRING! They are calling for a few snow flurries here tomorrow. Hope that will be it and Spring can settle in.
LIsa

happyone said...

Hi Ed, nice to see you vising me here. Please come again. : )
Hope all is well with you.

Christine said...

Well just have to tell ourselves it is spring but that is too much snow & ice already!
A great old barn with such a mix of materials!

Debby Ray said...

Mmm...homemade tacos are one our favorites and my hubby fixes them for us quite often. The red velvet cookies sound really good!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love that first photograph the red really makes it special.

All the best Jan