Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Enjoy the day

Went walking this morning a little later than usual at 7:30.
It was 25 degrees and not snowing yet.
I was limited to where I could walk because the main road through town
had no shoveled sidewalks and there were snow plows around.
Both cemeteries and the ball park had snow too deep for my snow sneakers.
So I walked up and down the two roads that run parallel to the main road.

Wasn't walking very long and the first flew flurries started falling
and before long it was snowing fast and heavy.
I was thinking how weary I am getting of all this snow when I stopped
walking over by the pond and just listened to the quiet and saw once
again the beauty of falling snow.
Spring weather will be here soon but for now I'm going
to enjoy this beautiful snowy day that God has given me.
As usual didn't see anyone else out walking.
Saw a couple Robins and the Killdeers again.
Only walked 3 1/2 miles today.
🌹     🌹
Ken fixed the snow blower and outside we went again and cleared the
driveway.  I guess I'm a bit crazy but I like shoveling snow.
Ken went inside the house after the driveway was cleared
but I stayed outside.
Cleared my swing off and sat there swinging and watching it snow.
Then walked around the yard.
I went underneath the pine trees.
It looks so pretty and cozy under those big trees.

 Also made a snow angel.
Once back in the house I got some work done and then read.

Life is Good
Count your blessings
happyone  💕

Weave in faith and God will find the thread.
~ Unknown

14 comments:

Tom said...

...this storm is going to miss us!

Sandi said...

Gorgeous! I like your angel.

Vee said...

Your angel and, most especially, your outlook are wonderful. John might’ve been nuts, too, because he liked to shovel. He even liked the sound of the scrape. *shudder* 😉

Christine said...

Lovely snowy trees and your snow angel is FUN!

Dianna said...

Good for you for enjoying this snowy day the Lord has given us! We actually do not even have enough to cover the grass here. Carroll said when he got this evening that Morgantown and Bruceton had more snow than we do. :-) Love your snow angel.

Ruta M. said...

Lovely snow pictures. I like the way everything becomes very quiet when snow has fallen. When I told Peter I'd love to be out making snow angels he didn't know what they were. Will show him your snow angel tomorrow.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's been crazy Spring weather! Love your snow angel. Enjoy your evening! Stay warm. Hugs, Diane

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yes,there is beauty in the gentle falling of the snow.

Lowcarb team member said...

Love the idea of sitting on a swing watching the snow.
I like your snow angel.

All the best Jan

ellen b said...

Great attitude you chose for the snow. It is beautiful. Love the snow angel!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely captures of your snowy world. I love the view of the pond and the snow angel. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Wonderful photos. It looks very cold out there. Take care.

God bless you all.

Adam said...

We got cold winds yesterday, spring died apparently

Debby Ray said...

I love your attitude about the snow and it's been too many years since I have made a snow angel. There is nothing quite as beautiful as listening to the quiet of falling snow. It will be hot and humid before we know it so might as well enjoy it while you can!