Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 02, 2018

Some more snow

⛄     ⛄
Well today we are back with the cold temperatures and snow.
10 degrees and snowing with a bit of a breeze walking this morning.
With my snow sneakers and ice grippers and my warm coat on, 
I was nice and warm and it was a beautiful winter morning walk.
So many think it is too cold for walking on these mornings, but with the proper
clothing on, it really isn't.  
Everything is so crisp, clean, and beautiful.
Walked up and down the streets in town trying to stay away from
the snow plows so it was a pretty random walk all over the place.
Heading up around one of the cemeteries here.
No animals around today but I did pass two people shoveling snow.
Both mentioned what a beautiful morning it was to be outside.
 I walked 5 miles
⛄     ⛄
Got some things done around the house during the morning.

After lunch I went outside and shoveled the driveway.
Ken came out when I was about half done and finished the rest with
the snow blower. 
It snowed on and off all day but there was a bit of blue sky and sunshine for
a few minutes here and there.

Walked to the library when I got back home
 Ken was waiting for me inside with some nice hot chocolate. 

Time to get supper started.
 Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

Today I'm thankful for:
  • Living where we get snow in the winter
  • A warm coat
  • Hot chocolate after being outside

14 comments:

Tom said...

...pretty sights.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That snow is so beautiful. We are getting a light dusting of snow right now.

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

Your photos are beautiful as always. I enjoyed taking the walk with you from my cozy front room.

Sandi said...

That is so beautiful. How long does it take you to walk 5 miles?

happyone said...

Walking in my regular walking shoes I walk a mile in 15 or 16 minutes.
A few minutes longer if I'm wearing boots in the snow.

Adam said...

Snow does make everything beautiful

ellen b said...

That's quite a lovely snow cover.

The Furry Gnome said...

A beautiful cold snowy day here too. Lovely as long as you're dressed for it.

Jagoda Smith said...

I love your snow pictures very much. I know snow can be a pain in the neck, but I still miss it (no snow this winter so far, East Sussex, England).

eileeninmd said...

Hello, I like looking at the snow, it is pretty. Gorgeous winter scenes. Enjoy your day and weekend.

Happy@Home said...

Beautiful photos from your snowy walk. I'm afraid I am one who would find 10 degrees too cold for a walk. All these years in the south has turned me into a wimp.
Have a wonderful weekend.

Aritha V. said...

Have a happy day, happyone 💕 I love your snow photos.

Dianna said...

Beautiful winter pictures, Karen. And that Ken! How nice of him to have the hot chocolate waiting for you when you got back in from your walk.

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

Good morning.
Japan is the morning of the 4th.
Snow art: Every year in Sapporo, Hokkaido, the biggest snow festival in Japan is held.
Ryoma.