Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Colorful

🏠     🏠
We are having a warm up for the next few days.  
It started last night and this morning it was 40 degrees when I walked.
The sky was a pretty pink and blue this morning but it only lasted
for a few minutes and then it was cloudy for the rest of my walk.
Even though there are still icy parts on the roads in town I wore
my regular walking shoes.
Once I got out of town I stayed on the main roads where there was no
ice at all.
I walked down towards Happy Trails and turned off the main road
and walked almost to the new house.
I turned around here and at the end of the road (about 3/4 of a mile)
is where the new house is. 
Nice to see that our road is cleared of snow and ice.  😊
Before getting back to town I walked up Sale Barn Rd a ways too.
Then made my way through town avoiding the ice and back home.

Once again I didn't see anyone else out walking.
Did see a couple of people walk out of the bakery with boxes.
Probably filled with those delicious smelling donuts.

Walked 6.2 miles
🏠     🏠
Finished the animal puzzle.  
This one was an easy one and fun to do.
I love the bright colors.
Ken has been busy down in the basement taking down his train layout.
It is kind of sad for me to see but he doesn't seem to mind.
He is already thinking of the next one he will build at the new house.
He has the whole basement which is wide open just for his trains.
 I'm sure next winter when he can't be outside he'll start the new one.

I read and made some weave-it squares this afternoon.

For supper this evening I sauteed red and green peppers with onions
in a little olive oil.  We put that in a burrito shell along with
rice and black beans.
Haven't had that in quite a while and it was very good.

Looking forward to my ice cream later.  🍦

Life is Good
Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone 💕

14 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Oh YAY! I'm glad you can get out and walk again!

Tom said...

...I'm looking forward to Ken's new train layout!

The Furry Gnome said...

No warm-up going on here! Great walk on snowshoes though.

Adam said...

such a pretty sky

Sandi said...

Beautiful sunrise! Or is that a sunset?

happyone said...

Sunrise

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That is a lovely animal puzzle; and not a donut in sight!

God bless.

Nellie said...

What a beautiful sunrise! Great work on the puzzle! I need to begin working on one here; haven't done one in awhile.....xo Nellie

Sue said...

Always nice to red of your walks, i always think of you when I walk, I must tell you how you have motivated me to walk. since Oct. 16, I have made a life change in my exercise. I haven't worked up to the 5 miles the Dr wants me too, but I keep trucking along..I walked 18 miles this week.
I enjoy puzzles but haven't done one in a while.
Maybe the warming temps. will bring more melting of snow for you. Anyhow, spring will be here before we know it. I know you are so excited about moving. Thanks or visiting.
Blessings,
Sue

ellen b said...

Beautiful color here today. How nice that there's a large space for a train layout in your new basement.

Lisa said...

Have you ever thought of having your own photographs made into puzzles?
Love the bright colors.
Lisa

Dianna said...

I am wondering if all the rain over the weekend melted the remaining bit of snow that you had. We went to Hagerstown yesterday and was in rain and fog all the way there in the morning, but coming back it wasn't bad at all.

Love all the colors in your puzzle!

happyone said...

Actually I do turn some of my pictures into puzzles on line at Jigidi.

happyone said...

Yes, but it snowed this morning again. Just a dusting though.