Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 29, 2017

Decorations down

Still cold and a bit more snow so today I walked laps around my house.
Not so much fun but at least it was warm and dry.

I always try to wait until New Year's Day to take down the
Christmas tree but very rarely do I make it that long and this year 
was no exception.  It all came down today.
I store the Christmas decorations in these stacked round shaker boxes.
I keep them out year round so there is no having to lug boxes out of storage.
These have worked well for me for many years.
They are a lot bigger than they look in the picture.
There are four more of them but stacked in a different place.
I took the puzzle apart and we have started on the next one.
All winter we have a puzzle out and work on it every so often.

Baked some more Chocolate Chip cookies.  These are a snack for the kids
at Church on the 10th of January.  Baked them a little early and have
put them in the freezer.  There where three left over and Ken ate one
and David had the other two.

The windows and doors couldn't be delivered to the new house because of the weather.
They made an attempt but the truck went sliding on the ice and knocked
down our neighbors mailbox.
We bought the windows and doors from G & W right here in town 
so thankfully they didn't have a long way to go.  
It is too cold for Ronnie to be installing them anyway. 
Everything will get done in time.
Some of you have been asking if we have a move in date yet.
Nothing yet but I haven't asked either.
I'm still guessing in April.

I've made dough for home made pizza in the bread machine and it just about done 
so Ken will be making our pizza any minute now.

Eating pizza in a nice warm house on a Friday evening sounds
just about perfect to me.

Count your blessing and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

14 comments:

Tom said...

...it took me a while to get in the mood to decorated the tree and now it will take me a while to get in the mood to undecorated it.

Rose said...

Those shaker boxes are such a great idea...beautiful to look at while serving a great purpose. Being in a warm house on these bitter, cold days makes me feel so thankful to only have to push a little button/lever to get the house warmer or colder. We are blessed more than we can even imagine.

The Furry Gnome said...

Neat storage solution. I'm thinking of buying myself a puzzle to work on. Fill in these winter days when I can't get out much yet, and get tired of reading!

Lisa said...

We have walked laps around the house. Its rather funny. Me and my husband will go in a pattern lap so that we cant catch up with each other and he will rearrange something in the room for me to walk by and Ill actually fix it as I pass. Or. He will throw a pillow in my path or something. We make fun of it.
I love your boxes. Thats a great idea. We lug ours to the attic.
One more thing....Just how many rolling pins do you have ? LOL.
Lisa

Happy@Home said...

As I work towards downsizing, your method of Christmas storage sounds like a dream come true. I took some of my decorations down yesterday too. I've left the trees and other lighted things up for awhile longer. I like the cozy feeling they provide on these dark winter nights.

Henny Penny said...

Normally, I take down the decorations the day after Christmas, but this year I'm leaving it all up until after 1st. Don't know why! :) I really like how you store the decorations, and the boxes are pretty enough to leave out year round.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the stacked boxed look perfect for storing the decorations. I am taking my tree down on the 1st. We are having snow today, so I walked on the treadmill. The cookies and homemade pizza sound yummy. Have a happy weekend.

Adam said...

One reason I'm glad I'm not a truck driver, it was all good nice wide roads on sunny day, hey whatever, but I've been in pretty awful situations in a regular car.

Aritha V. said...

I came here to wish you a Happy New year! Sharing this quote: “This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see.”
― Corrie ten Boom, The Hiding Place

ellen b said...

What a great idea to keep your decorations in those boxes! I took all of my Christmas decor down and it's put away. Stay warm and cozy!

Ruth Hiebert said...

It's Saturday,by the time I'm typing this.My decorations came down today.It's so good to get the house back to 'normal'.

happyone said...

There are 19 rolling pins in the bucket and I have one more in the kitchen which is the one I use.
When I walk laps I move little things around a bit. Gives me something to do while walking.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your stacked boxes, they look great for storing your decorations.
We usually take decorations down after the 1st January.

All the best Jan

Ryoma Sakamoto.Japan said...

Japan is New Year 's Eve today.
Last year was a great year for you, and I know you’ll have an even better one this year.
Ryoma.