Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 30, 2017

More snow

 ⛄     ⛄
Another morning for doing laps around the house.

Ken asked me if I'd make Snickerdoodles so I did and him and 
David ate quite a few of them as they came out of the oven.

Ken went outside again and used the snow blower on the driveway.
It never did get clear though because more snow just kept coming down.
I went out too and shoveled.  Knew it would be a losing battle but
I figured I'd it was good exercise and would get some more steps in.

We all worked on the second puzzle and finished it today.
It was only 500 pieces so it went fast.
There is one miss missing so we tossed the puzzle when we got done.
Can you find the missing piece?
We then started puzzle number 3.

That's been my day so far.
Think I'll go and read for a bit.

Count your blessings and have a happy day.
happyone  💕

20 comments:

ellen b said...

I don't like it when you find a piece of the puzzle is missing. I would throw it out, too. It's another nice one. Glad you got some exercise in. Snickerdoodles right out of the oven sound delicious!

Lowcarb team member said...

Shame there was one piece missing, the puzzle picture does look nice.
Keep warm!

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...no new snow here, just cold, cold, cold!

Pom Pom said...

So much snow! Happy New Year, Karen.

M.K. said...

A puzzle is a very good idea! Maybe we should do one this week too, as we'll be very cold here also. Stay warm up there! It looks mighty wintry!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Oh I wish we would get snow like that.It's bitterly cold.I started puzzle of 1000 pieces.

Rose said...

I had to look hard to find the missing piece...I have a 500 piece one I am thinking about starting. I could do it fairly quickly....

The Furry Gnome said...

Glad you've got some real snow down there to enjoy!

Leslie said...

Ohhhh I love snow days and puzzles!!!! but that missing piece would drive me crazy. lol.

Adam said...

Sounds like a lot of snow

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

If you're like me, you'll find the missing piece right after the puzzle is gone! I'd love to have some of your snow, could you please send it my way?

Eggs In My Pocket said...

The snow looks lovely.....and you certainly have quite a bit! Such a pretty puzzle!
Wishing you a safe and blessed new year!

bettyC said...

Will you have a blacktop driveway at your new house?
More blowing for Ken but I guess less shoveling for you

Happy@Home said...

It looks like a winter wonderland at your house, Karen. So pretty.
The puzzle scene looks like a springtime wonderland. I enlarged your photo to search for the missing piece. Took a while, but I finally found it.
Wishing you and your family a very Happy New Year. Stay warm!

happyone said...

Yes, our driveway will be paved but not until the end of next fall. Have to give it time to settle.

Retired Knitter said...

I found it. Had to increase the size to find it, however. Have a wonderful New Year, Karen.

doodles n daydreams said...

I had to increase the size to find the missing piece as well, but I found it! All the best for 2018.

Diana

Prunella Pepperpot said...

I had to search for the missing puzzle piece!!! It reminded me of Where's Wally!
Gosh you have had a lot of snow, stay warm!
Happy New Year to you and your family :)

Kristin_Texas said...

The snow looks so pretty! We received a snowfall in December. (Incredibly rare). I've never seen that much snow before. I can't imagine seeing nothing but snow on the ground. (As in no grass in sight at all).

Happy New Year, and stay warm!

Kristin

o2bhiking said...

It looks like New England there. Your puzzle was easy for you. I'd still be working on it, trust me. Happy New Year.