Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, November 24, 2017

Thankful assesment

A cold, bright, crisp, sunny morning for my walk today.
23 degrees.
I got a new coat from LL Bean that keeps me warm and toasty.
Almost too warm.
This is great for these cold mornings and I'm sure it will be good
even when we get temperatures in the teens and maybe even single digits.
When temperatures are near 30 I believe the coat will be too warm and
I'll wear my couple of sweatshirts on those days.
It has lots of pockets for my phone, camera, pepper spray, and tissues.
Color of the coat is a two toned purple.
It is also water resistant to water so on those snowy days 
it will be great.
It was pretty expensive even on sale but I'm sure glad I splurged and got it.

Walked my usual around town route and saw Lisa once again.
Still pretty quiet around town.  Maybe everyone has left town for the a day
of shopping.  

Walked 6 miles
Found a penny
🌲     🌲
Ken worked up at HT at the house site on his tractor burying the electric cable.

I'm home today doing a bit of this and that around the house.  🏡
No cleaning, just enjoying my day.

Some facts about turkeys
The average weight of a Thanksgiving turkey is 15 lbs.
The heaviest turkey raised weighed in at 86 lbs.
A 15 lb turkey has about 70% white meat and 30% dark meat.
Turkey has more protein  that chicken or beef.
Turkeys will have 3,500 feathers at maturity.
Male turkeys gobble.  Hens do not, they make a clucking noise.
Commercially raised turkey cannot fly.

Hope your day is a happy one.
happyone 🎈

 Here's some questions to ask yourself to assess how
Thankful you really are.

Would the people who live nearest to you characterize you as a complaining person or a thankful person?

When was the last time you sat down to literally count your blessings?

When was the last time you spent time grumbling, moaning and complaining about life?

When you look at your world, are you pessimistic about everything that's going on?

When you look at your world, do you find yourself celebrating God's common grace?

Do you view yourself as one who has been constantly short-changed and neglected?

Do you view yourself as one who has been unfairly showered with blessings?

How often do you fill in the blank, with grumbling, like "If only I had _____", or "I wish _____ was different."

How often do you fill in the blank with gratitude, like "I can't believe God has given me _____"?

14 comments:

Tom said...

...Thanksgiving, a time to stop and reflect.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's a ggod time to spend time really pondering these questions to see where we can improve. I'm a positive person but I can always do better. hugs!

Sandi said...

Would the people who live nearest to you characterize you as a complaining person or a thankful person? Thankful

When was the last time you sat down to literally count your blessings? Every night

When was the last time you spent time grumbling, moaning and complaining about life? Just moments ago...

When you look at your world, are you pessimistic about everything that's going on? Sometimes, but then I am reminded of God’s goodness.

When you look at your world, do you find yourself celebrating God's common grace? YES

Do you view yourself as one who has been constantly short-changed and neglected? Nope, but sometimes I fight the doldrums.

Do you view yourself as one who has been unfairly showered with blessings? Uh...kinda..yes, totally. :)

How often do you fill in the blank, with grumbling, like "If only I had _____", or "I wish _____ was different." Too often.

How often do you fill in the blank with gratitude, like "I can't believe God has given me _____"? All the time.

Christine said...

That's a super view across the field on a crisp bright morning,
I am so blessed... God is so merciful.

Pom Pom said...

Your coat sounds just perfect! Take a picture!

ellen b said...

Great thankful assessment of thankfulness. I enjoyed the turkey facts, too. That coat sounds like a good investment.

Adam said...

Imagine how to cook a 86 lbs turkey, flamethrowers maybe?

The Furry Gnome said...

Quite a thought-provoking list of questions!

Rose said...

Nice photograph at the beginning...now you have found a second coin for the month.

Interesting facts about the turkey...I did not know any of them.

As for the questions, I don't honestly know the answer to how my neighbors would think of me...I think they would see me as a mix.

And that about sums up my answers to the others...I grumble and complain, but all the while I am telling myself I am so, so blessed...and I know that I am richer than the biggest part of the world...when I start grumbling either to myself or someone else, I am quick to tell myself/whoever all the things I have to be thankful for.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, lovely view and photo. A warm coat while you are outing walking on these cold winter days is a must. I am thankful and feeling blessed. Happy Saturday, enjoy your weekend!

Lisa said...

We all need to stop and count our blessing as so many do not. I am more of a thankful person than a complainer. I try to find the good in a bad.
Lisa

Debby Ray said...

These are all really good questions to ask ourselves and thank you for posting them. Good to know that info about the turkey! I cooked a 15 pound one this year. Stay warm in your new coat!

M.K. said...

What a pretty photo! Sounds chilly up there. Glad you got that nice new coat. Those are some good, convicting questions to ask ourselves and keep ourselves in a thankful spirit!

Lowcarb team member said...

I love days when I can just do a little bit of 'this and that around the house'
I really enjoy it!

All the best Jan