Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Roof shingles

🏠     🏠
I walked 6 miles all over and around town again.
It was 36 degrees and so nice to see a bit of sun.

While I was walking Ken drove passed me on his way up to the house site
 and gave me a toot as he drove by.
He was back home again by the time I got back from my walk.
He had stopped at the bakery and brought a box of donuts home and
had one for breakfast.  I am happy to say that I was able to say
NO to the donut. 

Saw Cathy's car this morning but our paths never crossed.
No one else out walking.

Took this picture behind the ball park loop.
🏠     🏠
After breakfast I went with Ken to the stone place and we got
a load of stone in our little dump trailer and took it to the house site.
We went back 2 more times.
That took up most of the day.

The roofing shingles were delivered the other day and today 
the job began.  Exciting to see that started.
The day ended up cloudy and it never did warm up much.

Make your day a happy one.
A smile from me to you.
happyone 😊

I'm Thankful for my car.
Every since I was a little girl I've loved Corvettes but I never
thought I'd ever actually have one of my own.
Then in 2002 Ken bought me one with a bonus he got from work.
It is a Red C5 and this year it was 15 years old.
Still to this day when I park it and get out of the car and look back at it,
I can't believe it is actually mine.
If you scroll down past the posts you will be able to see a picture of it.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...your first image is a delight, a roof is a good thing!

Christine said...

Yayy for the roof going on!!
Lovely soft light in your first photo!

Pom Pom said...

Your house is looking so good!
I am thankful for my car, too.
Brrrrrrr. It sounds chilly in your neck of the woods.

Sandi said...

You have a Corvette? Cool! :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

The little winding creek is so pretty.

Rose said...

Good progress on your house! I like corvettes, too. Son in law has one that he got a good deal on, but it needs work. He is getting the parts to do it. He always keeps a car to 'work' on and 'improve.' Just loves messing with them. I am not sure what year it is...

M.K. said...

Your house is looking so good! 36 degrees? Brrr! That's cold! I admire you for walking in that chilly temp. It feels so good to get those roof shingles and get everything buttoned up.

Leslie said...

Beautiful photos. I love how you reflect on how much you love your car. I total understand that feeling. Not about the car.. but there are times that I walk into a room and think, wow... I can't believe this is our home.

Vee said...

You said no to the donut your husband brought home specially for you? 😉 If anyone could “afford” the donut, it is you, my friend!

Wow, the house is coming along so quickly!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your car and your new house! Good for you for saying "no" to that donut! Have a good Thursday!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, the first photos is a lovely landscape and beautiful view. Your new home is really coming along, do you have a date when it will be done? Kudos to you for turning down the donut. Have a great day!

Cat Lover said...

Hi Karen, your house is looking great! I see you are going to have a walkout basement. We had one in one of our homes and loved it.
We ladies love our red sports cars!!

Adam said...

your car still looks really good

Debby Ray said...

Wow...the house is REALLY coming along! I had a red pick-up truck once and I have to admit, I felt pretty snazzy driving it. I agree with Vee about the donut...but I do admire your willpower. :D

The Furry Gnome said...

I presume one of those three spaces in your garage is for your Corvette!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

How wonderful that you've had your car for 15 years and you can see from your photos it's so well cared for.
Your home is taking shape nicely and I love all of your photos today.
Have a fantastic weekend :)

Lowcarb team member said...

That first picture is just lovely,
I scrolled down to see your Corvette, it does look great.

Your new home is coming together so well, you and Ken must be very pleased.

All the best Jan