Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 09, 2017

Monday

Picture was taken the other day.
 🍁     🍁
66 degrees and a rainy morning for my walk today.
I took along my umbrella but with the wind it didn't keep me very dry.
That's okay though because it was a warm morning and the rain kept me cool.

Walked all over town on one of my random walks.
No one else around and I enjoyed my walk in the rain.
It's been quite a while since I walked in the rain.

Saw three deer, a blue jay, and the usual rabbits.

Walked 6.2 miles
Found a penny
🍁     🍁
Saturday when we stopped by the house we saw that the decking was
all finished and though you can't see it in the picture, lines were drawn
where all the walls will be.  Neat to see all the rooms marked out.
After lunch today we went up to see what was happening on the house
but because of the rainy weather the only work that was being done
was getting stone into the garage.  Maybe tomorrow the garage floor
will be poured.
I had a whole bag of granny smith apples and used 8 of them
today and made Ken an Apple Crumble. 🍏

Didn't get much work done today but I did read a while.
Should have been cleaning the kitchen but I'll do that tomorrow.
Went to Brenda's tonight for supper.
 Internet not working so great today so I'm happy that this
got published.
 A smile from me to you.
happyone 😊

13 comments:

Sandi said...

Happy Monday! :)

Vee said...

Everyone all over Blogdom is baking with apples or pumpkins. I must join you! The grands are coming Wednesday so that will make baking a little safer. Wonderful to see all the progress on the house. Laurel took me to see the progress on hers. There are exterior walls, floors, and a roof. She’s hoping that they’ll move faster.

Tom said...

...it poured all day, but I was thankful for the rain.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It's great to see the house project moving along.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The apple dessert sounds so good. I was thinking about making some applesauce with some of mine! Enjoy your evening! Hugs!

The Furry Gnome said...

Interesting to see when they've marked out all the walls. Our house was at that stage about early May.

ellen b said...

Pesky internet! Looks like things are moving along nicely at the new home site!

Christine said...

The trees are beautiful this time of year! Things are coming along so well at HT!
Smiles to you too!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, so glad your internet is back. The trees are pretty. I am glad the rai has ended here. Your apple crumble sounds yummy. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day!

Lowcarb team member said...

Love your photograph the trees have a great look, lovely colours.

All the best Jan

Henny Penny said...

It must be fun to watch your new home being built. It is so exciting! I remember the feeling. Fall is so pretty!

Patti said...

What a pretty foliage shot! Sorry to hear you have internet troubles, hope it gets straightened out soon.

o2bhiking said...

That's so cool, your new home is happening!!!