Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 30, 2017

A little snow

⛄     ⛄     ⛄
We got a little snow last night.
I waited till it was light out before heading out on my walk.
When I left it was 33 degrees and windy.
A mix of sun and clouds.

First went to the library and dropped off a book in the book drop.
 Then walked straight through town and around one of the cemeteries.
Up Barn Sale and took a couple of pictures.
 Back to town and around the other cemetery a couple of times.
No one else out walking.
I got to wear my snow sneakers for the first time this year.
Ended up taking my hat and my coat off because I got too warm.
(I had 4 layers on underneath my coat though!!)

I  enjoyed my first snowy walk of the season.
Walked 6 miles
⛄     ⛄     ⛄
Ate breakfast and did my morning chores around the house before I walked.

During the afternoon I did some reading and made some
weave-it squares.

No work getting done on the house today but we did go by in the afternoon
and Ken took this picture from the driveway.
The three car garage makes the house look big.
Seemed like a good day to go to Brenda's for half price pizza.

I'll be back to reading my book in a little while.
Reading The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne and liking it!

Of course there will be some ice cream later this evening tool

Life is Good
A smile from me to you.
happyone   😊

"The weak can never forgive.
Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
~ Mahatma Gandhi

19 comments:

Connie said...

Your photos are lovely as always, but burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr are you ready for this? Life is good and thanks for the smile :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

The snow makes for some extra lovely scenes.

Tom said...

...I always look forward to the first snow of the year, but I can wait a bit longer!

The Furry Gnome said...

I'll never quite understand the weather! How far south of us are you? I guess you live in the mountains.

Adam said...

We probably won't get any until feb or march

Vee said...

Snow? Seems odd to have Maine be warmer than Maryland. Cold stuff happens in those western hills. Of course, you enjoyed the day. Good news is that I doubt it will last long. But either way, you will make the best of every situation.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Gosh snow already!!
Stay warm :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, a little bit of snow looks pretty. I like the view of your house from the driveway. Happy Halloween, enjoy your day!

Pom Pom said...

Brrrrr! Will you show us your snow sneakers again?
I hope the pizza was yummy!

Debby Ray said...

The snow is SO pretty with the fall colors and the cornfield...I love walking in the snow. Your house is really coming along and, yes, the garage makes it seem so huge! Any idea when you will be able to move in?

Lisa said...

wow, your summer is short lived. Our temps have reached down into the 40s lately and that makes me throw on a jacket. Our Cold Winters usually hit more in February.
Lisa

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, it's hard to imagine the snow so I'm glad you took pics to share. And it's nice to warm up when the sun is out bright. My husband loves the old movie Mysterious Island from 2005. Hugs!

Dianna said...

I was disappointed that we didn't get some of that snow. My brother and I were driving to Morgantown yesterday morning and when a car with snow would pass us I would check out the license plate and sure enough, it would have MD license plates. :) I'm certain I'll have plenty of other opportunities before the winter is over to enjoy snow. haha

Christine said...

It seems so strange to see snow & yet the leaves are still golden on the trees!
I like the approach up to your new home!
We had some ice cream this evening too!

Sue said...

The snow with the colorful trees is pretty, pizza sounds nice too!
Have a blessed evening.
Sue

ellen b said...

Wow! Our kids are getting snow this week already, too. Yikes!

Rose said...

Does it ever get too slick for you to walk? Looks chilly!

Lowcarb team member said...

Doesn't the snow look pretty.
Lovely photographs.

All the best Jan

Ida said...

Brrrr....winter is coming to soon. - I've been visiting lately (although no commenting) - Enjoyed that wonderful deer shot you had a while back. Looks like good progress is being made on your new home.