Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, July 17, 2017

Drawing of our house

🐄     🐄
62 degrees this morning and sunny on my walk.
Walked the Farm Loop.
Some cows along the way.

I spotted the heron again today.  This time he was standing in the little
pond at the Dairy Farm.
Right after I took this picture he up and flew away.
George lives along the farm loop though not on a farm.  He was out in his yard
when I walked by and I stopped to talked to him.  Must have stayed there
talking for at least 10 minutes.

Then headed down the road back to town and made a loop around one
of the cemeteries and then met Kathy over by the ball park loop and
walked around once with her.  Then I headed home.

Walked 6.3 miles
🐄     🐄
Yesterday my hand itched like crazy and was swollen from the yellow jacket
stings but today it is not as swollen and less itchy.

Ken has been working on house plans and finished them up today with
all the changes we've made.
Just have to make some copies for Ronnie to give to the other
contractors and we can then get started.
Here's a drawing of our house.
The color will be a forest green not the green color in the picture.
The low part on the left is a walk out basement.
One day the home of Ken's train layout.
It was a beautiful sunny summer day with a nice breeze.  
Seems to me that the summers here are perfect.
Did a couple loads of laundry and after hanging them on the line
before going back in the house I weeded and filled up a bucket.
Mowed the lawn after lunch and took a little more of the meadow away. 
We decided to go to Brenda's for supper.
No 1/2 price pizza during the summer.
I got a cheese calzone.  Yummy!!
A happy day to you.
happyone  🎈
Proverbs 12:25
Heaviness in the heart of man maketh it stoop:
but a good word maketh it glad.

18 comments:

Tom said...

...a wonderful collection of flowers!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I hate getting stung...hope it continues to heal up and not bother you. It's neat to see the drawing of your new home. It will be so nice and just where you want it. Hugs, Diane

Michelle said...

I hope the sting continues to heal. I have trouble with those. Your house plan looks quite nice.

M.K. said...

Such beautiful flowers! And the drawing of your house is beautiful too. I love the shape, and so much great storage! I know you will enjoy it.

The Furry Gnome said...

Looks like a great house! I love the big garage, the covered porch, and I'm sure Ken will love the walkout baesment. Look forward to regular reports on the construction! Beautiful flowers today too, both the Liatris and that red Crocosmia/white Daisies combo!

Pom Pom said...

I really like the way your new house looks!

Lisa said...

The house plans look great! Love the porch! Hope that sting feels better to orrow. Take some Benadryl.
Lisa

Rose said...

I have to say, you sure have a great series of photos today. Love that opening shot, but then I get to the cows, and I love it...and love that last shot. Your day sounds like a nice one...I love the look of your future home.

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Lovely photos and I'm glad you managed to capture a shot of the heron! Gorgeous reflection.
Your new home looks lovely. I'm sure you can't wait to get started.
Sorry to hear of your wasp sting. Only ever been stung once from a wasp and it's not fun.
Have a great week :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, Love the heron and pretty flowers. I hope your bee sting feels better soon. I love the drawing of the house, very pretty. Happy Tuesday, enjoy your day and the week ahead!

Adam said...

impressive looking future home

Christine said...

So pretty around your area & I think Ken has come up with a very clever home design! Love it!

Vee said...

Okay, I am going to definitely have to back up because I'm missing some puzzle pieces. That drawing of your new home looks fabulous. Ken did that? I know...going back to see about house plans and bee stings.

Debby Ray said...

Wow...that house is going to be something! Exciting times ahead!

ellen b said...

Very nice. I like that layout.

Henny Penny said...

You must be so excited! I've probably just missed it in a post but will you build your new home at Happy Trails? Also, in the first picture, are those your flowers? They are simply beautiful! I'm just full of questions today. :)

Sunflower Days said...

I am so excited about your house plans. I am excited to tell you that my hubby put up two clothes lines for me. They are the retractable ones since they are not really allowed in the neighborhood. I have always loved it when you put yours out on a line...now my sheets smell heavenly! Love you, Pam

Melanie said...

Love the drawing of your house! I wondered where Ken's train set was going to go. Forest green sounds perfect. You must be getting so excited!