Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 03, 2016

A colorful wall

🐓     🐓     🐓     🐓
This morning the temperature was 62 degrees and the sky was clear.  
A beautiful morning for walking.
I walked the Farm Loop.
Passing by the dairy farm I saw no sign of the goats on the porch but the chickens
were there this time around pile of corn eating it.  

There were a few cows in the front pasture.
One looked up at me.
Farther down the road I saw at least 15 deer running across the field.
Wow it was something to see so many of them running at the same time.

Only vehicle I saw on the FL was Farmer Georg driving by in his old truck.
 Back in town I walked up the main road to one of the cemeteries.
Made another loop around town and headed back home.

Kathy doesn't walk on weekends so I didn't see her
but I did see Lee on his bike and got a couple of peppermint candies from him.
🍬
Nice to see a few rabbits back hopping around in the cemetery. 🐰
I saw a ground hog but unfortunately this one didn't make it across the road.

Walked 6.5 miles
Sunrise 6:48
Sunset 7:44
🚶     🚶     🚶     🚶
After my usual morning routine I went outside and continued on my weeding.
Got around to the side of the house.

Ken came home lunch time and we both went up to Happy Trails.
Our trails are a bit over grown but soon it will be Fall and
then that won't be a problem.
Fall is my favorite time up at HT.
I can see through the forest better and no bugs.
I like walking in the crisp fall weather. 
Winter is nice there too, walking in the snow.
Those couple of days when I stayed home and Ken went up to HT, he was quite busy working on the wall in the entrance way.
I love how it turned out.
He cut up pallets, lightly painted the boards in different colors and then put them up on the wall.
On the way home we stopped by to pick up the rider lawn mower.
The engine now starts and they put the lug nuts on the wheel that was missing three of them!!  But when you turn it on it wants to go to the right and won't stop.
They couldn't fix it so Ken is going to give it another try.
He says it's something mechanical and is pretty sure he'll be able to figure it out.
Hope so because the lawn really needs to be cut.
Or maybe we should just have a whole yard turned into a meadow. 

It's been a good day.
 Life is Good
A happy day to you.
happyone  🎈

"Forgiveness does not change the past,
but it does enlarge the future."
~ Paul Boese

11 comments:

Snow said...

Love that quote. Forgiveness is so important. We can't be weighed down with grudges.
The weather looks beautiful up there. It's been very nice here today, a nice breeze all day.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I do like that colourful wall.

eileeninmd said...

Hello, love the photos, especially the cows. I like how your wall turned out, pretty colors. Great quote! Happy Sunday, enjoy your new week ahead!

Kerri Farley said...

That wall looks amazing! What a great idea!

Melanie said...

It sounds like your mower has a mind of its own! I like the look of the wall at HT. It's coming along. Have a great weekend!

Vee said...

They couldn't figure it out? Hmmm...hope that Ken can. I really like what he is doing with the pallet boards. Looks very cool!

Henny Penny said...

The golden rod flowers are so pretty. I can't wait to see the little cabin at Happy Trails finished. I like the pallet wall. It was 61 degrees here this morning! Yay!

Adam said...

Cows do seem to be generally uninterested, except that one curious one.

Lowcarb team member said...

It did look a most beautiful day for a walk ...
Amazing to see those 15 deer running across the field.

All the best Jan

Bethany Carson said...

Good quote about forgiveness! All the best to Ken on getting the mower fixed! The pallet wall looks pretty neat. I noticed you were able to mention the other walkers in your area by name. We run at a lot of different places, but it is nice that we are starting to recognize a few regulars at our most common spots!

Ida said...

What a great walk you had. I always enjoy your photos. The one with the cows today was especially nice. How neat to see all the deer, to bad you didn't get a picture. - Your entryway is super cool looking.