Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Wednesday

Picture from yesterdays walk.
☂     ☂     ☂     ☂
 It was a rainy, windy, walk for me this morning and the temperature was 40 degrees so it was a warm morning for this time of year.  It poured during all of my walk and even with rain pants and slicker on I still got wet.  At times the rain was blowing right in my face and then it dripped on down my neck and my shirt got wet.  My feet too were soaked but it was still nice to be outside walking.  Better than in the basement!! : )  And then it was good to hear the rain drops on my hood.

I walked all around town and with all this rain there is not much snow left so I got to walk on the sidewalk down the center of town and around the cemeteries (though a bit soggy) and the ball park loop.

No one else out walking and no animals about either.
One other good thing this morning is that I found a lucky penny. : )
Walked 5.9 miles.
☂     ☂     ☂   
The rain stopped mid day and we saw the sun for a few minutes and then just clouds.

Edd and Caroline stopped by to say hi after a trip to the dentist which is just a block away from our house and we had a little visit. : )

I did some reading and put away the puzzle and yes, I've started another one.  Just putting the pieces all out now and finding the edges.  This one is 1000 pieces and a hard one so I'm thinking this will be the last one for the season.  I'll post a picture of it once it gets started.

Finally got around to cleaning and straightening up my office/craft room that I've been trying to do since last week.

That's about it for today.
Hope your day is a happy one.
happyone : )
To forgive is to set a prisoner free
and discover that the prisoner was you.
~ Lewis B Smedes

12 comments:

Melanie said...

I think it's refreshing to walk in the rain and I'm glad you were able to get your walk in. My late husband loved jig saw puzzles but I never had the patience for them. Looking forward to seeing your next one! Have a great evening.

Pom Pom said...

What a rainy day! I hope you don't catch a cold, K! Isn't that barn gorgeous? Wow!

Henny Penny said...

You live in such a pretty place. We had had rain all day too, but it hasn't been cold.

The Furry Gnome said...

I like that picture of the barns. Too much rain here these days too!

Adam said...

My wife is going to the dentist on friday for the first time in forever. Luckily nothing went unexpectedly wrong, she's just had dental insurance (because of me) for the first time since she was 18

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, I love that big red barn and horse. Pretty photos. We had a lot of rain and fog yesterday. Great quote! Happy Thursday, enjoy your day!

Happy@Home said...

It rained here yesterday too. According to the weather map Brett showed me, the front spread from Canada to Florida so I imagine a lot of us saw rain. I admire how you don't let the rain stop you from your walk. I don't think I even stepped outside yesterday.

Snow said...

Glad to know you're well and happy out slushing in the rain! Whatever floats your boat (literally).
I sent you an e-mail just now. It's Thurs. 2/4/

Kerin said...

Love your pictures, and I agree with you... a soggy walk is certainly better than a treadmill walk :)

~K.

Cat Lover said...

Beautiful photos! We have been having rain on and off too and very warm. Makes for lovely walks!

Vee said...

Beautiful big red barn. We had rain yesterday, but tomorrow the snow comes!

Anonymous said...

Love the snowy header shot. Goodness that's a lot of snow! We've been deluged with rain the last 24 hours. The day started in the 60s, but it was all downhill from there. Great quote, and so true.